Mig-29C Ukraine "55"

Marcel111

Hi guys,

I finally put the final touches on this... well almost, I noticed as I was taking these pics that the little armament door on the left intake is still missing.

I'm mostly really pleased with how this turned out. The model has a slight right side droop which I only noticed right at the end of the build, which I think is due to the plastic being slightly deformed. I'll address that with a somewhat uneven base, not much more I can do about it now. Something to look out for in case you guys build this kit.

8K5XVl.jpg

P96rv4.jpg

0b0USf.jpg

KKDTlo.jpg

Y5sfJw.jpg

2SX5F9.jpg

waiQWQ.jpg

hojH88.jpg

1MCfeD.jpg

FEzPO1.jpg

RgSHLQ.jpg

mOqBa3.jpg

Cheers,

Marcel

2 hours ago, Jaro said:

Let me be the first. Great model, I like the restrained weathering!

And one question - I'm not sure - are the horizontal stabilizaers equaly inclined?

You are right, the left stab was a little lower than the right... they were just press fit in so I have adjusted them to have the same sink. I am sometimes a little cavalier with that since they pivot under gravity, I'm assuming they don't always have the same position but stand to be corrected.

Cheers,

Marcel

Great job Marcel, especially with all the paint and decal problems you had near the finish line!  Your resilience in correcting same is sure worth it and the final product is stunning.  I really like those dirty exhaust cans and the tiny static wicks at the rear.

Cheers,

Chuck

Thanks guys!

On 6/27/2021 at 4:42 AM, chuck540z3 said:

Great job Marcel, especially with all the paint and decal problems you had near the finish line!  Your resilience in correcting same is sure worth it and the final product is stunning.  I really like those dirty exhaust cans and the tiny static wicks at the rear.

Cheers,

Chuck

Always great to get feedback like this from the master himself!

Funny you should mention those static dischargers... I just glued those on right at the end and I was cursing myself for not planning that better... with my magnifying super near glasses on they actually look poor, no clean joint and you'll also notice that they are somewhat skew here and there.

Cheers,

Marcel