Bf-109G-6/AS, 1:32, Hasegawa. JG-1, Walter Oesau

Good day, genosse. Presenting my first completed model in over 8 months: Bf-109G-6 / AS, commander JG-1 of Oberst Walter Oesau, May 1944. Walter Oesau. 300 combat flights , 127 air victories (9 in Spain, 44 on the Eastern Front, 14 over four-engine bombers in the defense of the Reich). On May 11, 1944, about a thousand B-17s attacked German airfields, communications centers and radar stations. The raid was covered by P-38 and P-51. Oesau was in bed that day with a severe flu. Suddenly Goering phoned JG-1 headquarters and asked the duty officer: "Did the commander take off too?" The attendant replied: "No, he has a fever and is in bed." Hearing such an answer, Goering shouted: "Yes, yes! I know that this is only a view! He chickened out !!" and hung up. Oesau, despite the high temperature, flew out after his squadron. In the area of Aachen he entered the battle and was shot down. But even this morning, General-major Adolf Galland, not knowing about the death of Oesau, gave the order to transfer him to his headquarters in Berlin ... (c)

So - plastic Hasegawa Bf-109G-14 / AS corrected to 6 / AS, cabin - resin from Aires (which is not visible when the lantern is closed), spinner, synchronous 131s and air intake of the supercharger - Quickbust. Plus, there is a revit set from HGW. Exhaust pipes - Rexx. Coloring - RLM-76 AK Real Color and a huge plus, which made it possible to somehow diversify the monochromatic color to one old, kind comrade. All the same, I'm not an artist ...

IMG_20210605_220734.jpg.5be86cb6f87f9e9a

IMG_20210605_220814.jpg.1e78261ad1d5601b

IMG_20210605_220925.jpg.4fd851d3829fd1d2

IMG_20210605_220937.jpg.9e845057be17ae5d

Edited by Hartmann52

Extremely well executed.  Lovely efforts all the way around.  The story line I have read several times and I can only imagine the stress and feeling ill Walter had going on in his head at the time of these final consequences that lead to his young life and ultimate sacrifice.  I particularly like the scribed line down the spine of this Bf 109 which is hardly done but most accurate.  Superb model.  

Kind regards,

Troy