Kitty Hawk models is going out of business

Dave Roof

8 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

Do the Seahawk kits come with folded blade options out of the box? I’d kind of like one but don’t have the room for all that rotor blade if I have to unfurl it all!

The parts are there for the most part, there's a set of instructions with some modification for some of the unused parts that will enable one to display the kit with folded blades. 

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/316164-kitty-hawk-135-sh-60b…-what-aftermarket-parts-should-i-get/&do=findComment&comment=3034544

3 hours ago, firefly7 said:

Just received the MH-60S Nighthawk kit from Spruebrothers, and the rotary cannon was in the kit. It came in its own little plastic box. 

We must have ordered at the same time!  Mine also had the cannon.   The comments about the horrible instructions are dead-on, can't understand how they could have botched these up so badly.  

Was finally about to take the hit on my Visa with a £110 Mirage 2000C in my basket — blinked and it had gone.

Oh well, my Hannants basket has also been lightened of £40' worth of AM as a result. 

Did I have a £150 budget? Not really, but sticking it on the CC is a bit like pretend money.

Tony 

30 minutes ago, Tony T said:

Was finally about to take the hit on my Visa with a £110 Mirage 2000C in my basket — blinked and it had gone.

Oh well, my Hannants basket has also been lightened of £40' worth of AM as a result. 

Did I have a £150 budget? Not really, but sticking it on the CC is a bit like pretend money.

Tony 

Tony, I got mine from here and can only reccomend them https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174219655896  or scroll a little up this page, Gary may still have some, or be able to source.

Edited by ade rowlands

1 hour ago, ade rowlands said:

Tony, I got mine from here and can only reccomend them https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174219655896  or scroll a little up this page, Gary may still have some, or be able to source.

Thanks Ade. I've used dawngrocerystore in the past for Kitty Voodoos and it was a painless procedure, albeit pre brexit and the new import tariff process. Will drop Gary a PM.

Tony 

8 minutes ago, Tony T said:

Thanks Ade. I've used dawngrocerystore in the past for Kitty Voodoos and it was a painless procedure, albeit pre brexit and the new import tariff process. Will drop Gary a PM.

Tony 

Yeah, the Mirage pair is my first post Brexit order with them. Though I cant see there being any issue as they declare the items as gifts if I remember correctly or undervalue it. It’s the MH-60R that’s tempting me now. Maybe next payday.

On 6/11/2021 at 12:26 PM, ade rowlands said:

I have the silhouette machine. So that’s not so much the issue, its the stuff like stencil data that’s too small to cut that’s the main issue. 

You can always go the stencil route-

https://www.eduard.com/eduard/masks/aircraft/1-32/f-4-etch-stencil-data-mask-etch-1-32.html

On 6/12/2021 at 12:24 PM, firefly7 said:

Just received the MH-60S Nighthawk kit from Spruebrothers, and the rotary cannon was in the kit. It came in its own little plastic box. 

Just received mine from a UK seller and didn't have the cannon or the decals for the dk grey scheme with the digital tail.

The cannon is no problem as I generally don't include weapons and the dk grey scheme doesn't appear on the box lid so I guess it was a proposal that never made it into production?

Overall it looks to be a very nice kit with no warped or short shot parts.

The inclusion of the cannon seems a bit random (possibly depending on when the kit was boxed?)

Happy Modelling

Adrian

Edited by Adrian

On 6/14/2021 at 7:18 AM, Adrian said:

Just received mine from a UK seller and didn't have the cannon or the decals for the dk grey scheme with the digital tail.

The cannon is no problem as I generally don't include weapons and the dk grey scheme doesn't appear on the box lid so I guess it was a proposal that never made it into production?

The inclusion of the cannon seems a bit random (possibly depending on when the kit was boxed?)

I had some of their H-60s but with KH demise I too sped up my purchasing to pick up the other variants, including the MH-60S.

I ordered at SprueBros over the weekend so not got yet obviously (looks like it's sold out now there). I'm not overly concerned if the cannon is included, from what I've seen/heard, it seems if it is provided then they don't include the applicable internal components (ammo box) anyway? 

Also looking at the sprues in the instructions online, I'm a bit bummed that they didn't include the sprue G from the earlier HH-60G kit, so the S kit doesn't even include ESSS fairings for both sides, or the correct notched doors (even though the illustrations seem to show it in the instructions). 

Ya it seems the initial promo pics displayed more decal options than made it in the actual kit. Same thing happened with the MH-60R, they originally showed 6 in that kit but ended up being 4[edit= ignore that about the R, thankfully I'm wrong]

Edited by ziggyfoos

1 hour ago, ziggyfoos said:

I had some of their H-60s but with KH demise I too sped up my purchasing to pick up the other variants, including the MH-60S.

I ordered at SprueBros over the weekend so not got yet obviously (looks like it's sold out now there). I'm not overly concerned if the cannon is included, from what I've seen/heard, it seems if it is provided then they don't include the applicable internal components (ammo box) anyway? 

Also looking at the sprues in the instructions online, I'm a bit bummed that they didn't include the sprue G from the earlier HH-60G kit, so the S kit doesn't even include ESSS fairings for both sides, or the correct notched doors (even though the illustrations seem to show it in the instructions). 

Ya it seems the initial promo pics displayed more decal options than made it in the actual kit. Same thing happened with the MH-60R, they originally showed 6 in that kit but ended up being 4:

1133678-20627-38-720.jpgkth50008b__40056.1621620125.jpg

Nice schemes, very tempted by the HSM 41 one but I have a SH-60b on order plus the MH-60S so thats probably my quota of hawks for now.

I’m disappointed that they didn’t include the G sprue from the HH-60G kit in either the MH-60S or the MH-60L because only it contains the lower main gear leg cover with the fairings covering the ESSS support strut lugs.  All you get in those two kits are the covers with the exposed lugs so you can fit the ESSS, or in the case of the MH-60S, a countermeasures dispenser.  Normally, the lugs were covered by fairings when not in use.

EqVci5j.jpg

I must be mad but finally... I ordered the three other Navy helo boxings I did not have as well as the resin interior for the SH-60F! For whatever reason there are still many available KH references with correct prices in western Europe shops. Probably overkill as I will never have the time to build all of them but I do not want to go the eBay route for any of them and I waited too long for the release of that series of Seahawks! A good father's day!