1/32 Copper State Nieuport XXIII

scvrobeson

Thanks everyone!  Glad that you like it.  The Neiuport is going together very well, just needs a little bit of Surfacer on some seams, but that probably could have been improved with some more fiddling.  Still a few steps to go on the engine then it and the cowling can be attached, then we'll be ready for primer and paint.

Matt 

17 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

Sounds like you'll just have to buy a second one. I have the RFC boxing on my list as soon as they come back in stock in the US.

I'm not much into doing multiples, but like the SPAD the Nieuport is one of my favourites... better give the money tree some water, then! :D

Thanks everyone for your nice comments.  Work continues on the Neiuport, the first primer coat is on it now.  It's exposed a few small areas that need to be fixed, but nothing much.  CSM did a truly excellent job with the tooling and design.

i-zHz9cCs-XL.jpg

i-v7hVtj2-XL.jpg

Only real area that needed some Mr. Surfacer between the firewall and the underneath panel.  Probably will be invisible, but had to do it anyway.

i-ThS7LM2-XL.jpg

i-2pcJMrn-XL.jpg

i-8ZMVMmx-XL.jpg

Let me know what you all think of it.

Matt 

Very nice results. The cockpit you made is a real jewel. Having built the early Ni17 I fully agree with your opinion on these CSM kits. Almost equal to WNW. And "almost" is only due to that trouble making split of the fuselage into enormous number of parts.