Cockpit decals for the mig 29

Rob Colvin

4 hours ago, Rob Colvin said:

Does anyone make cockpit decals for a mig 29a? The kit instrument decal are not the best.

Rob 

Looks like your only choice now

https://coldwarstudio.com/MiG-29%20Cockpit%20decals%20in%201/32%20scale%20product/

I seem to recall that Tac Sale Dynamics did a MiG-29 'pit set years ago. Originally designed for the Revell kit, it still might work in the Trumpeter kit. I don't recall if it had instrument decals or not though. CAM also did a set that might still be available.

There's a new company that produces 3-D printed / pre-painted set of cockpit panels for a number of modern aircraft (including the Mig-29, IIRC). They're not cheap, but the detail on them looks remarkable (and - unlike decals - they ain't flat). For the life of me, I can't remember their name ("XXXXXX" Studios?). They advertise on E-Bay. 

Hope this helps. 

Chris. 

i don't  any of the 3d   cockpit makers make one for the fulcrum yet.  I have the eduard  set which is nice but very flat.  I have been shying away from the  am stuff lately but the mig needs a  3d cockpit I would shell out the  money.  My alternative is get some of those anyz  switches and add it to the eduard set to  provide some surface detail.  In any event that  kit is  in the  future for me anyway

2 hours ago, dashotgun said:

looks great  are those from anyz or stretched sprue?     did you  think the  quickboost radome made a big difference?

2 hours ago, oyoy5 said:

I would like to know if the quick boost nose makes a difference as well.

Thank you!

Yes, resin switches and knobs came from Anyz sets.

If you make a MiG-29A using the Trumpeter kit you'll NEED the Quickboost resin radome.

The correct length of the radome in 32nd scale is 56,6 mm.

The length of the Trumpeter plastic radome is  53,5mm.

The length of the Quickboost resin radome is 56,5mm.

Look at the difference in length and shape between the resin part and the plastic part.

29A_15 29A_16

Tomorrow I'm going to start a new topic in WIP section.

CIAO!

Piero

Edited by Piero