Based on your current modelling interests, which modelling company/companies is the best?

mpk

14 minutes ago, J.C. said:

Wow! Are you ever well stocked!! :o

I buy acetone for airbrush cleaning in large amounts as well. I can get It's much cheaper. The GSI cleaner is for more delicate cleaning. I also have enough blades for at least 2 years. This is why I have 2 stand up multi drawered tool boxes + their attendant extra drawers and 2 large regular tool boxes for things needing safe keeping. Such as unfinished builds.i

Not including aftermarket operations 

No 1: Tamigawa, The company whose name shall not be spoken-WNW 

Close 2nd: Eduard, CSM, ICM, Special Hobby, some new Airfix/Revell and other Japanese manus.  

Daylight 3rd 

Edited by Pup7309

Hi all!

My favorite company for their subjects are Special Hobby (incl. MPM/AZUR etc), ICM, WNW, Fly, some Revell/Monogram, ZM and PCM.

If I want something beaten to death but easy to build It´ll be a Tamiya or Revell.

Don´t get me wrong now, I love Tamiya for their kits, they are a treat to build, but you can´t say they do something unusual.

Cheers!

Stefan :beer:

Edited by Phantom2

5 hours ago, JerseyChris said:

regardless of scale, Tamiya all the way!

What he said!

if it’s a topic I want that can only be a short run injected, vac or, resin then that’s my favourite at that time (although it’s a love/hate relationship in most cases)

being unable to get ant new Tamiya LSP’s I’ve begun building their bike kits, those kits are fantastic...and just a little addictive! 

On 11/8/2020 at 9:06 PM, mpk said:

At this point in time that sees me fall in love with armour modelling my top company is Tamiya. Not only are the kits brilliant but I tend to use their glues and paints and setting solutions such as Mark Fit and their tools.

Following that I love Eduard and Hasegawa and Fine Molds for their Japanese content. I have virtually all 1/48 Japanese kits from Nate to Mitsubishi F-2. Plus many of their 1/72 Japanese multi engined fleet. And obviously I have all the Hasegawa and Tamiya 1/32 Japanese aeroplanes. 

As for paints I always fall back on GSI or Tamiya. I have lots of MRP as well but if I have the colour in both, I use GSI or Tamiya. Plus their thinners. Here is my spares cupboard for fluids.

tQzWyJ.jpg

Dang! I thought I was well stocked!

I have only 2 bottles of the Mr color leveling thinner. One to use for paints and one for the aroma. So fark I havnt ben afected bye  the odor l...ew ifodsaiufuaufi dsafsiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii..... 

At a risk of bucking the trend here. I feel Revell are meet my needs. Unlike the majority on here, I for one cannot afford the likes of Tamiya, WNW etc. Revell whilst not the best detailed kits are, budgeted at people such as myself and are a good way of introducing new LSP builders into this scale/hobby without the massive outlay. And i commend them for that totally.

As for paints. I am almost exclusively a Tamiya/Vallejo/Xtracrylix user.

1 hour ago, AlanG said:

At a risk of bucking the trend here. I feel Revell are meet my needs. Unlike the majority on here, I for one cannot afford the likes of Tamiya, WNW etc. Revell whilst not the best detailed kits are, budgeted at people such as myself and are a good way of introducing new LSP builders into this scale/hobby without the massive outlay. And i commend them for that totally.

As for paints. I am almost exclusively a Tamiya/Vallejo/Xtracrylix user.

I am currently building Revell's Spitfire Mk IXc. It's a good kit. :goodjob:

• mpk changed the title to Based on your current modelling interests, which modelling company/companies is the best?
2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Dang! I thought I was well stocked!

I have only 2 bottles of the Mr color leveling thinner. One to use for paints and one for the aroma. So fark I havnt ben afected bye  the odor l...ew ifodsaiufuaufi dsafsiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii..... 

Your last sentence makes perfect sense to me, the Dude. But, having said that, it might be because I am entirely made up of MacDonald's special burger sauce! Tell all those crazy racoons to put down that papier-mache model of Janis Joplin, immediately! She's still not recovered from the last time!

(Mental health is a hugely over-rated commodity, IMHO)... 

Chris.