Winter is here :(

LSP_Ron

I hate it when it comes. Her in doors has the heating constantly on and then assisted by the wood burner, it’s like the earths core in our house. I come back in from the unheated garage from modelling (wrapped up with my Cossac hat on) nicely warm to be met with this Mike Tyson thud of heat. It’s actually cooler in the Summer (a British summer). Is it March yet:BANGHEAD2:. I’m typing this sat outside in my dressing gown and it’s 5 degree C.

Edited by Stevepd

I moved out of Palm Springs California area two weeks ago.  It was 107F the day I left.  (October mind you).  I’m staying with my brother in law in Tennessee right now while the wife and I hunt for a home in the Chattanooga area.  The weekend here was simply awesome.   Cool nights, warm days and sunny.  I hear dueling owls at night and have always loved the mid south weather.  

10 hours ago, Sabre F-86 said:

I turn into a right proper BEAR when the winter comes. And here I am, thinking about moving to Elliot Lake Ontario which is even farther North than where I am now. Musta been dropped on my head as a kid.

My wife's from Sudbury. She hates our Toronto winters as there isn't enough snow for her. 

So once the white stuff hits, she on the slopes (well, mounds) and had gotten our boys into skiing. 

Me? I'm in the chalet keeping toasty. Although how that'll work this year will be interesting.

Carl

11 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

Please No snow for me (Michigan). I need 2 more weeks outdoors to finish tree trimming and other yard restoration.  Previous owners were kinfolk to the Adams Family.  Two more yard waste pick up scheduled and I will crush the truck with bags.  LOL

Same here. The hoosiers behind us, take the term "suburban jungle", quite literally.