Su-27UB, ''Blue 43'' 148th Conversion training, Savasleyka AB, 1998

Hey guys, how about a big Flanker...?

Sorry I'm late, but still, there is plenty of time for that big bird..... not planning to do fancy stuff nor scratch... for now..  :whistle:

I'm going to use Wolfpack pit, Linden Hill decal, Aerobonus pilot and maybe I'll try some Reskit after market

like their Exhaust and twin store carrier.... .:hmmm:

Had that huge box on my top shelf for over 10 years or so.....

8cHGEagl.jpg

Wasn't sure about doing the version in the kit, until I got my hand on that Linden Hill sheet from a resaler at Ajax contest.

The ''George and Dragon''..... Blue 43.

X4pJszxl.jpg

So let's start timidly.... with the pit.. :beer:

NvHitvEl.jpg

I always start with a solid XF-69, once dry, I'll put a few layers of clear coat before the wash step...

zOHETcWl.jpg

Will do more this week-end, thanks for watching and have fun.

Dan.

• 2 weeks later...

OH, am I getting behind everyone ?.....    :piliot:

Noap, I'll put this one on high gear soon....

Now my little update on the pit, started as usual with XF-69 Nato blk. and two coat of X-20 gloss clear.

wait for a week then, proceed with a Model Master wash of the pit color, in this case Flanker Med. Blue 2131.

I put my wash, and wait 15 minutes between every layers (3 or 4), at the first run, it define very easily all the contours,

the more layers you do, the easier it'll be to paint between the dial whitout making a mess...

At that point, I use a very very fine brush and non diluted paint, from the pot.

bWjPAih.jpg 

Once all done, I use a Fine Sharpie  for defining edges and correct over paint....:whistle:

HirMU6xl.jpg

Time for a little Vallejo dark wash, direct on the flat paint for the pit, water base, it dry very fast and softly with no ring.

V2sC4nNl.jpg

Was about to put the instruments on the panel's, but I couldn't find the kit decal sheet...  :doh:

had no choice but to take those from another kit, that's the gap you have to fill when you go with resine pit, NO DIAL..

C5HVewJl.jpg

Manage to have a set of Airscale Modern Jet in case I mess up, too bad they don't make any for Russian Jet.

ndjtG76l.jpg

Will do some more this week-end, hope you like it and have fun.

Dan.