Got my jet back from rehab- The Wave

• Pete Fleischmann changed the title to Got my jet back from rehab- day job photo from the past

So it’s not just me!  Had the exact same problem getting into the front seat of a J-3 — always ended up facing aft.  Noted with interest that you wear the same style gloves as Tony McPeak.  

22 minutes ago, Oldbaldguy said:

Noted with interest that you wear the same style gloves as Tony McPeak.  

Actually, Tony McPeak wore the same gloves as ME.

They are standard-issue RAF flying gloves. I have two pair that I got in a trade with a Brit Jaguar driver in Saudi a few years ago.

very popular with the AF fighter community-

cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

• Pete Fleischmann changed the title to Got my jet back from rehab- how about a beer?
  • Pete Fleischmann changed the title to Got my jet back from rehab- emergency landing video

First time I’ve seen that video.  Thankfully it was uneventful (other than the belly landing itself).  Your experience, training, skill, and professionalism more likely than not, saved not only your lives but minimized the amount of damage to the aircraft.  Im sure you already knew that but sometimes it just needs to be said.

Hahahaha!!   “Small plane”, “Navy plane”, “appears to have made a hard landing”, etc.  Sorry.  I worked with the media at all levels for the last third or so of my career and never ceased to be amazed at the level of ignorance that abounds in that “profession”.  And not just when trying to talk about military or aviation related events or issues, but across the board for pretty much any topic.  Anyway, good job, good stick, saved the airplane.  Couldn’t have asked for a better outcome, but I’ll bet she would have been seriously pissed if she’d heard that guy call her a small plane.  

On 8/2/2021 at 12:35 AM, Oldbaldguy said:

I worked with the media at all levels for the last third or so of my career and never ceased to be amazed at the level of ignorance that abounds in that “profession”.  And not just when trying to talk about military or aviation related events or issues, but across the board for pretty much any topic.  

Deep breath, and remember: the media is staffed by journalism experts, not aviation experts or anything-else experts.  Once I realised this, it made such reports so much easier to deal with. :speak_cool: