Unique opportunity 1/32 Andover C1

Anthony in NZ

Hi All,

looks like I am #3 in line to receive this kit - will be another three weeks :(

Anyway, I am in for a group build, and am happy to create blades if that is needed.  Can do a master in any material then cast whatever else I will be needing (I think).

I recently got mesel a 3D printer, but have no time in the short term to get to grips with it (the repotting season in my Bonsai Hobby has started about 3 weeks ago, and will go on for another 3 weeks - in my collections I have done 3 pyracantha, 2 cotoneaster, 3 maples and a taxus so far, still to do 4 Juniperus, 2 maples another 2 taxus and a pine group).  Each repotting is a minimum of 1 hour work, then I need to put the tools down for a day as it takes a lot of energy for me (recently became disabled and learning to get to grips with that).

11 minutes ago, Landrotten Highlander said:

...........(the repotting season in my Bonsai Hobby has started about 3 weeks ago, and will go on for another 3 weeks - in my collections I have done 3 pyracantha, 2 cotoneaster, 3 maples and a taxus so far, still to do 4 Juniperus, 2 maples another 2 taxus and a pine group).  Each repotting is a minimum of 1 hour work, then I need to put the tools down for a day as it takes a lot of energy for me (recently became disabled and learning to get to grips with that.

.....off modelling subject LH, but my wife’s a “bonsai-er” if that’s the right name. She’s also busy re-potting, also starting some oaks that grew from acorns in our hedge 6 years ago so this is their first session of sorting out roots, wiring etc. Not far away is Lindsay’s “mentor” John Trott who wins gold consistently at Hampton Court, Chelsea etc with his incredible bonsai trees.  Fascinating hobby and like ours, life in miniature! 

I've bought from this guy before-very good fellow,and got the kits

speaking of the subject-paid for the 1/48 version somewhere around Blk.Friday

somehow the Japanese post lost track and the package

he resent again,but the story seem to repeat itself-no information since leaving Japan

just for consideration

Hey Anthony,

I visited the NZ Airforce museum in Christchurch in 2011 and they were busily turning a perfectly good short tail P-40F into a P-40E. I know the RNZAF only flew P-40E's but I just wondered if you could explain this lunacy as surely a short tailed P-40F would have been pretty rare and a good bargaining chip to get a genuine P-40E. Just wondering.

TRF

Oooooh, loving it!  I so cant wait!

16 hours ago, fastterry said:

Hey Anthony,

I visited the NZ Airforce museum in Christchurch in 2011 and they were busily turning a perfectly good short tail P-40F into a P-40E. I know the RNZAF only flew P-40E's but I just wondered if you could explain this lunacy as surely a short tailed P-40F would have been pretty rare and a good bargaining chip to get a genuine P-40E. Just wondering.

TRF

Terry, I don't know mate,  it's a question many of us ask.....