Pro Cal Decals F-16C Zeus Demo aircraft

Kagemusha

When it rains it pours for Zeus, Modelmaker decals has a set coming out for the plane as well in all scales. 

Never heard of Procal before, thanks for the link! It’s great to see another decal company out there :)

On 10/5/2019 at 4:21 PM, seiran01 said:

When it rains it pours for Zeus, Modelmaker decals has a set coming out for the plane as well in all scales. 

Never heard of Procal before, thanks for the link! It’s great to see another decal company out there :)

They made a RF-4 decal before

https://www.aero-spezial-modellbauversand.de/Decals/PROcal-Decals/Massstab-1-32/PRO32701-RF-4E-Phantom-II-griechische-Luftwaffe-The-End-of-the-Film::14080.html?utm_source=scalemates

• 11 months later...

Hello, Good People. 

Has anyone used any Procal decals yet? I've just bought the 1/32nd Zeus set and was wondering how easy they are to use.

Do they settle down well, respond well to decal softener and fixer, how long to dip in the water, etc?

Any information will be gratefully received.  

Thanks. 

Chris. 

Probably not much use, but the only builds I’ve seen (and my own rendition of Zeus) have used the Model Maker mask and decals set. I don’t know if that may tell you something or whether builders like the challenge of the masks. 
To be honest, I didn’t fancy trying to wrap and settle the decals over the complex curves. 

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 8:59 PM, Stokey Pete said:

Probably not much use, but the only builds I’ve seen (and my own rendition of Zeus) have used the Model Maker mask and decals set. I don’t know if that may tell you something or whether builders like the challenge of the masks. 
To be honest, I didn’t fancy trying to wrap and settle the decals over the complex curves. 

Yep, Stokey Pete, the dreaded "Will-they-fit-around-curved-surfaces?" question did occur to me. I guess there's only one way to find out...

Chris.  

This is mine, done with the Model Maker set. 

50104689671_8519c0d17b_b.jpg

Thinking about it, perhaps it’s worth considering cutting the larger decals into sections rather than try and settle them onto the curves. I imagine it’ll be particularly awkward around the CFT areas.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...