WNW releases...

Pup7309

• Pup7309 changed the title to WNW 2020: Any last requests?

The rumored Breguet XIV showed up on someone's desk at WNW in a tour photo and I had always hoped to do that in US and Polish colors. Oh well... I still don't want to give up on that one nor on the rumored Special Hobby 1/32 Hansa Brandenburg C.I in the post war Black Maria colors.. or lack thereof given that it was painted all black except for the Czech flag insignia. Maybe Trumpeter A team can throw in the TBD? and maybe Christmas comes early and we all can get back to what used to be reality.

Tnarg

1 hour ago, Pup7309 said:

Well according to recent news WNW could be ending their run. Any last requests that may never be fulfilled?! Well do ya Punks?

I've edited your last title as I thought it in bad taste. 

I do hope they finish off their announce releases before going off into the hereafter.  I really want to see the DrI come out.  I know many on here want the Lancaster still.  I don't really care if they release the Lancaster or not as I doubt that I would buy one.  Maybe Copper state will cary on for them and pick up the DrI if WNW does not get it out.  We shall see.  I also hope that maybe they just take a break and come back.  I have read some of the posts and it sounds like the problems are in part related to the larger more expensive projects like WWI airplane replica business he had.  Maybe this one can be reorganized and Peter Jackson will keep this alive in some manner.  Maybe they slow down, maybe they start focusing on projects more likely to sell better which might involve doing some WWII props.  

They have plenty of WWI planes to do. I would like to see them stretch just a bit more into the 1920s. However it works out, I'm glad they have set the bar as high as they did, and have been as prolific as they have been. If WNW never produces another kit, we are still better off than we were. The "WNW Phenomema" has caused many modelers to try WWI, and their engineering has enabled sceptics to turn out stunning results. Quite a testimony.

Surely they could push out the Dr1? And don't they have stock in their warehouses. Will they have a firesale and move to the US? The Lanc and Handley Pages looked pretty close to completion. There is room for Copper State to jump in but they must be having the same difficulties with supply?

Edited by Pup7309

I am adjusting as everyone else is to this "normal".  Roden makes a very good triplane that can be built into a stunning model. While the larger world waits, build that. WNW is locked down, so no triplanes. Not happening. Makes no difference how "close" it is, it will be released or not, in the fullness of time. Until then, Roden is the way to go.

1 hour ago, Pup7309 said:

Surely they could push out the Dr1? And don't they have stock in their warehouses. Will they have a firesale and move to the US? The Lanc and Handley Pages looked pretty close to completion. There is room for Copper State to jump in but they must be having the same difficulties with supply?

Even if they can technically do so - which I doubt - would they want to, in the middle of a pandemic of historical proportions and all WNW perhaps in line to lose their jobs?

Certainly wouldn't be to the forefront of my list if I worked at WNW....

51 minutes ago, LSP_Mike said:

I am adjusting as everyone else is to this "normal".  Roden makes a very good triplane that can be built into a stunning model. While the larger world waits, build that. WNW is locked down, so no triplanes. Not happening. Makes no difference how "close" it is, it will be released or not, in the fullness of time. Until then, Roden is the way to go.

The Roden triplane is one of their better kits, and the Encore kit adds a ton of PE & resin bits.

A very quick perusal of EBay suggests that the prices being asked for these kits has increased rather a lot! But still available from Ukraine for less than £40, including postage, at least until they cotton on to the upcoming, worldwide shortage of 1/32 Fokker Triplanes....