Jedha city

spacewolf

The first building had to be the spire of the Jedi Temple.. I looked at ref and guestimated the height then cut out and layered 1/16th till the thickness and angles looked right...

fBHYBIl.jpg

yf1NKko.jpg

Ods1QFM.jpg

So thats it for this week.. I hope you are enjoying the madness.. I certainly am !! :frantic:

On 4/5/2019 at 4:55 PM, Out2gtcha said:

Amazing!

The problem with work like this is you make it look so utterly easy. 

Thanks !!   To me, it IS easy... but then, I suck at finish work ! When I try sculpting a 5 year old does better work. For whatever reason this is my gift and I just hope it inspires someone else to try.

It's that time again ! :frantic: ... ....

With the walls coming along I had chatted with Jimi about a possible mounting point for the upcoming SD but he said not to worry about it, that modelers could figure it out for themselves. We talked about building a bit of the mountain top but I was trying to keep it simple, cut down on resin costs and complexity for him and suggested that modelers could add their own ground work... meanwhile at the model bench...

I had drilled and installed a bit of sprue in the base of the spire... a hole was drilled into the temple mount...

n6vIEAN.jpg

Positioning the spire.. looks about right...

lzmYBrH.jpg

a16vS19.jpg

I started cutting up bits of scrap plastic I had laying around and adding buildings made from squares and various shapes...

1vZQrwj.jpg

I was puzzling it out as I went along, no city planning involved. To rest my eyes (and nerves) I read a lot of the thinking and 'history' of the Jedi, Jedha city and the 'religion' of the Force... there were many different offshoots as with any 'faith' and I wanted to give the city a variety of flavors.. but the center piece was Jedha and the temple/ temple mount.. so it had to be held special.. so a wide ramp was built and various temples and spires added..

CP0VLBN.jpg

At the other end of the city more buildings and temples were rising.. some had up to 8 parts.....

n41w0OC.jpg

s9SJ6Rv.jpg

I averaged about a square inch a day before my eyes and nerves gave out... streets, temples, buildings... from the SD's viewpoint it looks orderly...

G9aN0ds.jpg

But from an oblique angle......

More added each day... trying to build different style temples to go with the wide variety of 'faiths' that permeated the ' Holy City'....

cqWZXw5.jpg

I felt that there should be a street or two that merged into a broad avenue for parades and religious processions ....so the buildings had to form that...

CiJK2rw.jpg

Wrapping around the temple mount...

9NFKNKW.jpg

And finally a beauty shot looking across the city...

b3hbqYz.jpg

I was getting bogged down so when Jimi suggested again we add some of the mountain top I was ready for a change.. so off to the model shop I went for milliput..... Tune in next week to see what silliness I'm hoping to get into !!

Cheers

Vaughn