Dukie99

Su-25 Afghantsi Finished

9 hours ago, BradG said:

Good work. I see you have exactly the same fit of the canopy and the gun access hatch as I did, they just don't quite fit perfectly.

Hi Brad,

I plan to pose the cockpit open so the not perfect fit does not both me. For the gun access hatch, I will pretend it is soviet style fit... joking aside when you look at some pictures of 1/1 Su-25, there are a number of panels where they could have used some putty...

cheers,

David

How could I miss this one!

Your build is utterly excellent all the way! :goodjob:

I get a lot of inspiration from Your build! 

Cheers! :beer:

Stefan :)

Slowly but surely we are getting close. Underside weathered and landing gears installed. Need to weather the wheels though. Pitots have been installed.

i-L8wtRQQ-L.jpg

i-XNsMpMv-L.jpg

i-78c5ZXL-L.jpg

i-fxSNcrk-L.jpg

I think I will be able to finish this one before end of December and I am looking forward to the next GB (Eastern front) because I plan to build the Su-25 grand daddy, the Il-2M3 in a tank hunting configuration.

Cheers,

David

And it is finished. Aside from the major let down of screwing up the bort number due to careless masking (I now pretend it is heavily weathered...), I am happy to call this one done. I think it is a very good Trumpeter kit with lots a good aftermarket available. I could be tempted to build another one (in a few years...) Some picks and then I will move on to the Eastern Front GB with another sturmovik.

i-dsRRWWJ-L.jpg

i-8dvgq4R-L.jpg

i-DWfhfwh-L.jpg

i-xH5mKdx-L.jpg

i-6chNvvQ-L.jpg

i-655Ld8q-L.jpg

i-mq8k6c8-L.jpg

Cheers,

David