New from Model Monkey: 1/32 Beaufighter cockpits, dihedral tailplanes and 1/24 Mustang upgrades

Model_Monkey

Thank you, D and Pete!

I am happy to announce that the first Beaufighter cockpit is now printing.  It takes about 12-15 hours to print all of the parts. Here are photos of the pilot seat, instrument panel, and some of the instruments and controls.  The largest cockpit part is currently in the printer.  I'll post photos of it once it is ready.

file.php?id=116518&mode=view

file.php?id=116519&mode=view

file.php?id=116520&mode=view

file.php?id=116521&mode=view

file.php?id=116522&mode=view

file.php?id=116523&mode=view

file.php?id=116524&mode=view

file.php?id=116526&mode=view

file.php?id=116527&mode=view

file.php?id=116528&mode=view

file.php?id=116529&mode=view

file.php?id=116530&mode=view

2 hours ago, D.B. Andrus said:

MM

When you market these parts are they going to be printed or used as masters for casting in P/U resin?

Cheers,

D.B.

Thank you everyone, for your comments and patience!

Great question, D. B.  Customers will receive 3D-printed parts, exactly what you see in the photos in this thread.  The 3D-printed gray resin is an acrylic plastic.  CA glue is recommended; cements and glues intended for polystyrene plastic will not work on it.  Gray resin will accept most kinds of hobby paints including enamels, acrylics and metallics (Alclad2), as well as Molotow marker paint for painting tiny details.

If there is sufficient demand, a cockpit with instrumentation and detailing that better represents Mk.VI and Mk.X aircraft, including a TR.5043 radio, can be offered.  The  TR.5043 radio and rack design are already done.

Here are two photos of the aileron trimming tab control.  They are followed by renderings of the assembled cockpit offered here as a painting guide.  Certainly, there were many variations between individual aircraft.  Photos indicate that some nightfighter cockpits were generally dull black all over. 

file.php?id=116543&mode=view

file.php?id=116544&mode=view

file.php?id=116545&mode=view

file.php?id=116536&mode=view

file.php?id=116537&mode=view

file.php?id=116538&mode=view

file.php?id=116539&mode=view

file.php?id=116540&mode=view

file.php?id=116541&mode=view

Edited by Model_Monkey

With the amount of cold medicine in me right now, i don't have the brain capacity to read the last few pages of comments, but damn the cockpit is looking good!  If you end up doing all the parts to make an accurate TF.X, I'm in for the whole kit and kaboodle

Out of curiosity, which printer and which resin are you using? I haven't had a chance to test out the phrozen gray yet but that's queued up for when I've used up the last of the clear green anycubic that came with my printer.