ZM 1/32 Horten Ho229..FINISHED

Robthepom

27 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

What a bummer, Rob! Presumably someone in the channel can make amends for you.

Kev

Yeah i bought the kit from BNA Model World, it was on special about a year ago, I do understand that they wont have spare sprues but there has to be a way of getting hold of one, i could be lucky because they have just started a new production batch of the kit

Anyway, lets see what happens

12 minutes ago, Robthepom said:

Yeah i bought the kit from BNA Model World, it was on special about a year ago, I do understand that they wont have spare sprues but there has to be a way of getting hold of one, i could be lucky because they have just started a new production batch of the kit

Anyway, lets see what happens

I'd definitely try to contact ZM directly, or at least Volks USA.

Kev

I have not visited LSP in a few ... um ... years ... and just went through your thread. This is such eye-candy ... man, you're doing a bee-yoo-tee-ful job on this!

I know I'm gonna be perusing this thread at least a couple of more times ... keep up the great work on this!

And I hope replacing the wing is a nice easy process for you.

A few pages back, you asked about a 1/48 Horten ... I've got one if you're still interested. 

Send me a PM and I can give you some details.

Pete

(... a few hours later ) ... I received that 1/48 Dragon Horten from a fellow club member and I just looked at it, for the first time in months, and ... it is way-y-y incomplete. No engines, some airframe parts are missing and probably more, geez, I didn't even see the seat ... so, with apologies, I'm gonna take back the offer.   :doh: :blush:     

Edited by mallagoodee

On 9/16/2018 at 7:32 PM, Robthepom said:

Thanks for the advice, can you please educate me about Volks USA, are they the world wide distributor for ZM? or is ZM and Volks same company, their website is a bit confusing

Volks USA probably won't be of much use to you since you're in Australia. 

Try contacting Volks Japan directly at: imos@volks.co.jp

HTH,

D

On 9/23/2018 at 3:00 AM, mallagoodee said:

I have not visited LSP in a few ... um ... years ... and just went through your thread. This is such eye-candy ... man, you're doing a bee-yoo-tee-ful job on this!

I know I'm gonna be perusing this thread at least a couple of more times ... keep up the great work on this!

And I hope replacing the wing is a nice easy process for you.

A few pages back, you asked about a 1/48 Horten ... I've got one if you're still interested. 

Send me a PM and I can give you some details.

Pete

(... a few hours later ) ... I received that 1/48 Dragon Horten from a fellow club member and I just looked at it, for the first time in months, and ... it is way-y-y incomplete. No engines, some airframe parts are missing and probably more, geez, I didn't even see the seat ... so, with apologies, I'm gonna take back the offer.   :doh: :blush:     

Hey thanks for watching, its a great kit for detailing if thats your kind of thing, but just out of the box is fantastic. Dont be put off by the complex assemblies, they all fall together perfectly

rob

21 hours ago, D Bellis said:

Volks USA probably won't be of much use to you since you're in Australia. 

Try contacting Volks Japan directly at: imos@volks.co.jp

HTH,

D

Good news ..... i have had great customer service from both BNA and Volks USA,........... Volks are sending me a replacment sprue, so big thanks to them

• 1 month later...

Well I'm back on this cracker, did i mention its is stunning kit, haha

I recieved a replacement sprue direct from Japan, no charge, no explaination necessary, great service

I have made a decision on the finish of my Horten, i, leaving the top skin off to show the details, I have always admired cut away models

So I'm just finishing to flying surfaces and a few other bits, then its done. I experimented with different oils for each panel, the flap is blue tacked in place for photo

1wfCHEl.jpg?1

its a big kit, and when finished i'll clear the other models and display it on its own, its my best work yet

gbkYX4X.jpg?1