Tamiya Spitfire Mk IX Kicked Up A Notch: Last Post

chuck540z3

Hi Chuck. I'm not sure how the stats works in the forums but 29000 views, and counting says something. I haven't spent much time on the forums this weekend, an inevitable effects of having 2 small children over Easter, but to echo Kevin's words your work is truly appreciated.

You've now got me wishing I'd bought the Tamiya MK IX instead of the “budget†Revell version.

Cheers. Tim

Ps. I didn't know you could see the number of likes you get. Can't seem to find it on the iPad interface

Edited by TimHepplestone

Just to add my thoughts.....

I've been back on the forums now for a couple of months and, because there is so much here, I feel like I am still finding my way around.  And, so much is being added, seemingly hourly, that it's really hard to keep up, especially for someone with limited time.

It's a super looking build, Chuck, and I will certainly refer to it when I build my Spit.

Cheers from NYC,

Michael

Chuck, absolutely stunning Merlin, have to concur with Michael above, my LSP perusing during the week consists of probably less than 5 minutes therefore only just catching with your build.

Loved your low pressure ultra fine spray technique, going to have to borrow that one......it's been 40 years since building a Spit......watching you maybe tempted again........

Good morning, Chuck.  It's very easy for me to say but don't get discouraged.  I know it's easier said than done.  This is my first visit to LSP in about a month.  My last visit was certainly before your recent engine painting and building tutorial posts.  I really appreciate the level of detail that you put into your builds and the time you take to photograph and explain how you do things.  I look at your work and the work of some of the other outstanding builders here on LSP and I live vicariously through you because, as you say, "...I'm just not good enough. Sometimes less is more, if you're going to make a mess."  At times, I can screw up joining fuselage and wing halves together.  Looking at your work inspires me to do better with every build.  I also don't think I'd be far off in saying that you and the other 'masters' offer the same inspiration to many other modelers on this forum.

Please continue the great work Chuck.  I really do appreciate it.

Mike

p.s. - when does the little rocket come out of hibernation?  Still a bit of snow and grime (salt and sand) on the roads here in Ottawa.  I fear it will be another 3-4 weeks before the Red Baron comes out of the garage.  Sigh...

following but cant seem to hit the like button or i get an error

but your thread is a fantastic resource, please keep it up

Probably due to you being a new member - your first few posts require approving before they will appear on the boards - however   :post1:

Wow.  Over 800 views since yesterday and only 6 * "likes" from individual members with only Wolf responding .  Not exactly satisfying, so I may be done here.  I'm not looking for 500 attboys guys, but C'mon, why should I bother any more? These updates are a lot of work and take me away from real modeling.   Is my latest work really that uninspiring?

On Hiatus,

Chuck

Well I can only speak for myself, but I very rarely log in when looking at the WIPs and RFIs, in which case you just don't get prompted to "like" anything. People are not viewing it because they dislike it though, so the sheer volume of people should signify how many people like it surely? 

Perhaps if we had to log in to see the WIPs there might be more likes?

I am one of the "only lookers" but for a simple reason: Neither my skills nor my knowledge qualify me

to leave a comment that would make sense, except bla bla bla bla.........

BUT, it's build threads from a experts like you that make me return here every day. I do not just read

them, I soak them up, hoping to improve my skills and knowledge. Conequently, I am dependent

on experts like you to help me with their builds. Without them, why should I come here, builders like

you make this site worth visiting for the less gifted.

Lothar

Edited by Lothar

Chuck - your builds are always one of the go toos for me - especially if I'm time poor which is pretty much all the time.

Even though I'm not a particularly modern US jet fan I loved your last kicked up a notch build so you can hopefully imagine my joy when you picked a MK IX. Top job dude - loving the attention to detail, worth every minute of minute detail being lovingly brought to life.

Torben

Thanks for all the kind words guys and sorry for the temper tantrum.  I should have another update fairly soon.

Cheers,

Chuck

Sometimes it's hard to know what to say without repeating yourself. One of the things which has made facebook psychologically addictive is it's like button, which isn't a good thing ultimately. I often viewed your builds on ARC and seldom commented, didn't mean I didn't appreciate, not only your work, but the effort to post.