Tamiya 1/32 F4U-1D Corsair on Pre-order on Evil bay at $29.99....

Daniel Leduc

I got an email saying the price had temporarily dropped to $9.99 plus $29 for shipping.

Still couldn't get past my suspicions and pull the trigger though.

Carl

I got one last night. Got ahipping notification this morning

Based on what? Have you ever seen or heard of this happening with Tamiya kits? I've been buying and building Tamiya kits for almost 50 years, and I've never heard of it happening.

Based on this crazy price. And all factories have rejects. And Or QA sample taken off the chain that are not meant to be sold.

The nodels youve built are QA approuved so that comment dosent make much sence.

If you find a factory that rolls ou 100% perfect products you just foind a gold mine!! I mean some defective products make it to the public thats how life is

I just can't do it. I've tried twice now to pull the trigger on buying one of these, and my "spidey sense" just keeps tingling. I keep getting the feeling that somehow someone has figured out how to mine my paypal info or something if I do it. I'm just too paranoid about identity theft and hacking and all that big brother crap, I guess. Damn these old-fashioned sensibilities, anyway!!

I'm not saying there aren't factory rejects.  

I'm asking you if there is any basis in fact for stating that there is a "strong possibility" that's what this is.  You have absolutely no evidence to back up such an assertion.  Have you ever seen or heard of Tamiya letting rejects out for sale?  Even once?

We're just throwing stuff out there, to explain the absolutely absurdly low price - even below cost perhaps?

Why would anybody sell a $90 widget for $30? It makes no logical sense whatsoever.

Our musings make exactly zero difference to what you get. It's been posted, it's on it's way. Relax.

I just can't do it. I've tried twice now to pull the trigger on buying one of these, and my "spidey sense" just keeps tingling. I keep getting the feeling that somehow someone has figured out how to mine my paypal info or something if I do it. I'm just too paranoid about identity theft and hacking and all that big brother crap, I guess. Damn these old-fashioned sensibilities, anyway!!

You are buying via EBay, you won't be hacked or have your identity stolen or your Paypal mined.

In fact, with Paypals guarantee, you risk pretty much absolutely nothing, as they cover the risk.

Guest The Southern Bandit

Occurs to me its the guys that never went for the deal that are worried and the Guys that did go for it are not :)

I'd have went for it if the deal if it were available to my Ebay UK, but if it was I could't find it, at the end of the day, even if it does go pear shaped, its not a lot to lose, they cant lose though, buyers are well protected.

I got mine just over a week ago for a fair price (£106) in a UK Ebay bid, never expected to win, but glad I did.

Just remember, there is no free lunch.  If this is a scam and even though you'll get your money back from PayPal, at what opportunity cost?  Paypal isn't in the business to lose money and if enough of these scams (if it is indeed one) eat into their bottom line, you can guess who's going to end up footing the bill, right?   It'll be you, me and everybody else that uses the service through increased fees and such.

I just got the email yesterday that it is available for $9.99 plus $30.00 shipping. As hard as I tried to find a reason to order it, i just could not click on the button. I guess if he ends up delivering them, then I may be able to stir up some (mild) regret, but as I am sitting on a few Tamiya models including an F4U1, it will not be a great loss.

Edited by 1to1scale