Tamiya 1/32 F4U-1D Corsair on Pre-order on Evil bay at $29.99....

Daniel Leduc

I've looked at the original listing. It seems absolutely fine.

However....

Looking at the seller, it looks like he's only been trading for less than a year.

He's only received 89 feedbacks, but it's 98.9%, which is very good.

However, the majority of the feedbacks are for cheap stuff he's sold, for less than $10.

He rarely sells anything over $30.

He's never sold any model kits before, let alone Tamiya.

Nothing major jumps out at me, no smoking gun or anything.

But, what gets my alarm bells ringing very, very loudly is that he doesn't need to sell as such a ridiculously low price.The only reason to do so is to get as many orders as possible in as short a time as possible - and a new kit launch is a time of maximum demand - in order to make as much money as possible before disappearing. The lengthy delivery times give him additional time to maximise his gains and cover his tracks.

Either that, or he's simply made an honest mistake. If he'd been trading longer, trading in aeroplane kits, or trading goods of the same value, I'd have far more confidence.

As it stands, it looks like a scam. However, Paypal should pick up the tab when it goes pear-shaped, so there's little to lose.

I'd be delighted to be proved wrong though!

I just got the email yesterday that it is available for $9.99 plus $30.00 shipping. As hard as I tried to find a reason to order it, i just could not click on the button. I guess if he ends up delivering them, then I may be able to stir up some (mild) regret, but as I am sitting on a few Tamiya models including an F4U1, it will not be a great loss.

Sounds like the email I received from a Nigerian Senator who is also the President of the Bank of Nigeria last week. He wants to deposit 40 million into my bank account.

I turned him down.

I just took the bait! $9.99 + $30.00 shipping worldwide! The listing does say 60327. payed with PayPal so money back guarantee.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302455932782

Lets see what happens! If it turns up I'd be happy to swap it for a F4U -1A if anyone in Aus is interested?

Edited by Maxim