Alternatives for Photobucket

Eagle Driver

As for the thread that we all cry in, I think it will be more helpful and creative if we focus part of our attention to finding another way of sharing from now on, preferably for free.

What I got as an info is postimage.io is working fine. But I have no clue about any limitations that they might have and I haven't found any on their site. I tested them, my signature works. So far.

Cheap solution seems to be imageshack which I consider, also Flickr.

However with flickr, direct images /for blogs or website shares/ are nowhere to be found. It has some BBcode which is a mistery for me.

So anybody else here looking a way out of this?

I think I may try and take Lothar's advice and try SmugMug.   Its strictly a pay site, but you get great things like unlimited size of the pics, unlimited pic and 1080P vid uploads, unlimited bandwidth, and best of all they completely allow 3rd party web pic hosting, and have confirmed they provide you with the HTML and BB codes as well.

You can grant access to ALL/public or curtail it to only have those you want to see them, see them. Not only that but apparently in your payed fee, you also get a  "Digital storefront" that I appears to be a web-page of your own you can sent customers or public to to showcase your stuff if you want. 

I think Im going to try the free 14 day trial run..............

https://www.smugmug.com/

Edited by Out2gtcha

In case you are referring to the subtopic, is LEAVE not HAVE.

The thing that pi$$es me off MOST is actually the fact at how REALLY well PB has worked for me over the last nearly 8 years. Sucks to have to move everything and have all previous threads to bunko though.

Im probably in the same boat as everyone else, in that the likelihood of me going back and redoing all those links is VERY low. :(

I think I may try and take Lothar's advice and try SmugMug.   Its strictly a pay site, but you get great things like unlimited size of the pics, unlimited pic and 1080P vid uploads, unlimited bandwidth, and best of all they completely allow 3rd party web pic hosting, and have confirmed they provide you with the HTML and BB codes as well.

You can grant access to ALL/public or curtail it to only have those you want to see them, see them. Not only that but apparently in your payed fee, you also get a  "Digital storefront" that I appears to be a web-page of your own you can sent customers or public to to showcase your stuff if you want. 

I think Im going to try the free 14 day trial run..............

https://www.smugmug.com/

I've used them for years. They're the best and easiest once you understand the how to.

Dick Brice

I've used them for years. They're the best and easiest once you understand the how to.

Dick Brice

Thanks Dick. That's exactly what I wanted to hear. So far, I really LOVE all the features they have, and I am really not against, AAMOF, Im requiring a pay site, simply to not have to deal with BW limitations, upload limitations, nor 3rd party or linking issues.

The "digital store front" thing might be interesting too. 

You can also try Postimage.org. It's free. I have been using it for some time since I had problems with the policies of other hosting programs.

Florin

How long have you been using that? I just got it through one of our forum mates and it seems OK. 

Since it's not popular though, I was wondering how long it will hold.