Revell Spitfire Mk.IXc is out in Germany

Lothar

Guest The Southern Bandit

Will be buying one too and I have 2 Tamiya Spitfires. need to remove the wing wheel bulges eh? even I can manage that :)

So, not being a Spitty guy, is this the same version as Tamiya offers?   What is the advantage to this kit? 

For me its that a kit like this can be built fairly quickly and still look great, and having another finished kit keeps me motivated to build more ... sometimes more complicated kits or projects can bog me down and be more likely to stall ... again , I'm speaking personally though.

Its one reason I find the Revell/Hasegawa simple (and cheaper) is better formula so refreshing sometimes, still love the uber Tamiya kits though and will buy whatever they produce.

Hope Revell do a MK1 Hurricane and Do-17 soon, Have built the PCM Hurricane, but for me it was very hard work.

my kit arrived 10mins before i came to work tonight, ill see what i can do to review it tommrow, are there any requests for photos of certain parts?

I'm curious if a wing swap with the mk II kit is possible in order to perhaps make a Vc. If you have that kit too?

"Buildability" is a function of enjoyment.

A kit reaches that ugly unbuildable node in the intersecting curves of free time and value for expended effort when you realise you'd rather be weeding the yard or painting the garage door.

This new Revell actually looks like it will offer genuine value for anticipated effort. Besides, the polyurethane aluminium finished scheme looks nice.

Good job Revell. Now do a new Griffon version.

Tony

my kit arrived 10mins before i came to work tonight, ill see what i can do to review it tommrow, are there any requests for photos of certain parts?

If you can manage a dry fit of the wings to fuselage to see dihedral angle and fit please Mark, think I'm sold on this one for at least one purchase though.

Thanks

Looks good Mark, hope those guys who do MS paint dont with lines spoil it, I can work with this, thanks.

Edited by The Southern Bandit

First impressions of the sprue shots show the kit to be comprehensive and very good value for money, but they also cause me to consider a few things. I do not have the kit and shall await the judgements of other modellers who do have it and can make comparisons and assessments that will benefit us all.

Derek

I bought the kit on saturday and it's basically the Mk II with addes sprues. The fuselage and wings are completely new but obviously

adapted from the Mk II. The Mk II and IX fuselages fit nicely apart from the nosesection but that is how the Spitfire was developed

in real life as well. The Mk IX fuselage fits the Mk II wings and vice versa. Any dihedral can be adjusted as needed. Cannot see at the moment

if the fat belly is present on the Mk IX as well but the nose is longer so might be less obvious.

As Tony said the postwar bulges are present and need to be sanded off for a wartime version. Overall it looks

very good value for many despite the faults of the earlier Mk II but I have started it already and will build it alongside the Mk II I had

started last week so will make a nice comparison. As Tony's model is nearly finished it looks to build up very nicely.

Pity Photobucket has it's hiccups again so cannot post pics at the moment.

I bought the kit on saturday and it's basically the Mk II with addes sprues. The fuselage and wings are completely new but obviously

adapted from the Mk II. The Mk II and IX fuselages fit nicely apart from the nosesection but that is how the Spitfire was developed

in real life as well. The Mk IX fuselage fits the Mk II wings and vice versa. Any dihedral can be adjusted as needed. Cannot see at the moment

if the fat belly is present on the Mk IX as well but the nose is longer so might be less obvious.

As Tony said the postwar bulges are present and need to be sanded off for a wartime version. Overall it looks

very good value for many despite the faults of the earlier Mk II but I have started it already and will build it alongside the Mk II I had

started last week so will make a nice comparison. As Tony's model is nearly finished it looks to build up very nicely.

Pity Photobucket has it's hiccups again so cannot post pics at the moment.

Thanks Cees, you have just confirmed my initial thoughts - I must get back to finishing my Revell Mk.II again sometime.

Cheers

Derek