Tally Ho on the target....5/12/2017 Everything done but the prop

Collin

Distressed the stripes on my T-Bolt to simulate the wear/erosion that the stripes would have after multiple flights.  I used fine steel wool in tweezers to wear away in the walkways and the leading edges with a slight scrub in the direction of the windflow.  I wanted to do this now before I put on the few decals and get an acrylic coat on it for some slight weathering. The filter/weathering should bring/unify the finish to make it look used (at least that is what I keep telling myself) .  Not in these photos....I just shot Alclad Klear Koat where the decals will go and not covering the entire model.  Also painted up the red over NMF canopy....leave those to dry overnight.

Cheers

Collin

DSCN7901.jpg

DSCN7889.jpg

DSCN7900.jpg

DSCN7897.jpg

DSCN7899.jpg

DSCN7896.jpg

DSCN7895.jpg

Collin,

I've used fine grades of Steel Wool for finishing wood staining for years, but it never occured to me to use it as a weathering tool. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. The effect is really quite realistically looking. Will be borrowing your technique for sure.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Decals on and a semi-gloss/matt acrylic coat over the entire model in prep for weathering.  Now I am stuck.  Do I want to do a light wash, filter, eventual oil mapping and blending.....I'm kinda stuck.  I decided to work on the 1000# bombs for a little.  Going to take a few days off and head out of town for the weekend.

Cheers

Collin

DSCN7913.jpg

DSCN7908.jpg

DSCN7912.jpg

DSCN7909.jpg

DSCN7910.jpg

DSCN7907.jpg

DSCN7906.jpg

I tried a B&W photo:

DSCN7905.jpg