Tally Ho on the target....5/12/2017 Everything done but the prop

Collin

Finished up the base. Combo of rust colors, weathered black, and a light dry-brush with dark metallic. Railroad section was dusted with earth weathering pigments (then shot with flat acrylic lightly). Got the guns installed and then did some light weathering with the airbrush. Light gun stains, exhaust on the belly, and some whisping of weathering up from the cowling in the direction of airflow (I've seen this on some T-bolts).

Antennas, load up the bombs, and the pitot tube should complete the models....EXCEPT the prop. I still need to sit down and concentrate on that.

Cheers

Collin

DSCN7981.jpg

DSCN7982.jpg

DSCN7985.jpg

DSCN7986.jpg

DSCN7984.jpg

DSCN7988.jpg

DSCN7987.jpg

DSCN7989.jpg

Collin,

Just an amazing concept that really works so well.  Just one small suggestion. The top of the railroad track rails should be basically clean and clear of rust and oxidation as the steel wheels from engines and cars would actually polish the tops as they roll over them.

Joel

Collin,

Just an amazing concept that really works so well.  Just one small suggestion. The top of the railroad track rails should be basically clean and clear of rust and oxidation as the steel wheels from engines and cars would actually polish the tops as they roll over them.

Joel

Ill just have to make sure a train runs on those tracks in the coming days.

Collin

I'm calling the kit complete EXCEPT the prop. That will be my weekend project as it rains here in Washington DC. Anyone else start to think about their next project as they finish up the one they are working on? In my case, and in flight STRIKE TEST F-14A.

Cheers

Collin

DSCN7992_1.jpg

DSCN7994_1.jpg

DSCN7995_1.jpg

DSCN7993_1.jpg

DSCN7990_1.jpg

Edited by Collin

Collin,

The Jug looks specatular as it flew across the finish line. Great build, incredible NMF finish, with some of the best realistic weathering I've ever seen.  And I did take a look at the tops of the RR tracks. looks shiny now as they should.

I'm always thinking about my next build. The problem is I keep on changing my mind. I seem to end up with a few folders on my desktop with detail pictures for each proposed build, and a new line in my favorites folder as well. 

Joel

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...