Tally Ho on the target....5/12/2017 Everything done but the prop

Collin

Collin,
​   I'm truly impressed with your weathering, especially the wing roots, and excess grime and dirt on a lot of the access panels.  You've really nailed the weathering to a tee.

Joel

Had an idea driving down to work this weekend, why not build a "target" into my base.  Stopped by the Virginia Beach Hobbytown and hit up the railroad section.  You can see from what I have posted the idea I have.  I did a few things today, mainly the gunsight and putting on the canopy.  Now all I have to do is the base, bombs, guns and assorted other bits and parts and she should be complete.  My guess that will take me another two weeks at my snails pace.

Cheers

Collin

DSCN7958.jpg

DSCN7957.jpg

DSCN7956.jpg

DSCN7959.jpg

DSCN7962.jpg

DSCN7963.jpg

DSCN7964.jpg

DSCN7965.jpg

DSCN7966.jpg

DSCN7967.jpg

DSCN7968.jpg

DSCN7971.jpg

Edited by Collin

Great concept and finish.  Weathering is cleverly accomplished and I appreciate the "forced" prespective with the bridge.

I saw the PropBlur at the NOVA Model Classic last month I really like the concept and the effect.  A solution may have been determined for a stalled project of mine.

Collin,

Just a great idea to add that model RR bridge with track for a realy unique vignette. 99% of the time, they're of aircraft on the ground. I'm really looking forward to seeing how you paint & detail it to bring it to life. :yahoo:

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Great concept and finish.  Weathering is cleverly accomplished and I appreciate the "forced" prespective with the bridge.

I saw the PropBlur at the NOVA Model Classic last month I really like the concept and the effect.  A solution may have been determined for a stalled project of mine.

Was that the B-25J-22 gun nose at the NOVA contest where you saw the propblur? I couldn't attend but my friend brought that kit in for our club display. The 1/32 propblurs are super delicate, much more than the brass 1/48 scale versions. I am still pushing that part of my P-47 build off for last.

Cheers

Collin