Stuka

phantom

Hi Mike;

If you're not bothered about the scale, then the Airfix 1/24 kit is a beauty. If it's got to be 1/32, then the Trumpeter kit is very nice, but the nose is undersized and does need the correction set. If that's not really an issue, then go with the Trumpeter kit anyway. To be honest (if I recall correctly) even the old Revell Stuka suffers from an undersized nose.

Best regards;
Steve

...How come I only thought Ju-87B when the question was asked? ...

... Probably because the first image that pops into the heads of most people upon hearing "Stuka" is either that promo scene from the Battle of Britain movie or a whining dive attack from the Blitzkrieg.

The B series is pretty much the iconic Stuka.

Rog :)

I have the Trumpeter B and G kits, but have no plans to fix the nose as I'm really the only person who looks at my builds, and even if anyone did come over and look I highly doubt there is anyone in my town who would know the difference nevermind that they are Stukas.

They look the part to me and otherwise sound to be decent kits apart from the nose.

Don't forget the 21st Century Ju87B  :popcorn:

I tend to agree. It has a more accurate nose than the Trumpeter kit, and the aft fuselage is the correct length unlike the old Revell kit.

100_2707sm_zps932bfc66.jpg

Of course, the optimum solution to a good B/R would be to graft the Revell nose onto the Trumpeter fuselage (if it really means that much to you).

Of the D/G kits, why go with the Trumpeter kits with their inaccurately shaped noses when the Hasegawa D/G kits are at least shaped properly? Let alone the "handed" gun pods on the Trumpeter G which are correctly identical in the Hasegawa kits. All of that and they're all in basically the same price class, too. Hasegawa's kits seem to be the obvious choice unless one can get the Trumpeter D/G kits dirt cheap.

D

Edited by D Bellis

... Of course, the optimum solution to a good B/R would be to graft the Revell nose onto the Trumpeter fuselage (if it really means that much to you) ....

... Unless you utilise this correction set ... http://www.fawcettmodelsandpatterns.co.uk/1-32-junkers-ju-87-b2-r2-correction-set

The saving grace with most Trumpeter kits is that there is plenty of detail and it is 'clean' ... 

... Of the D/G kits, why go with the Trumpeter kits with their inaccurately shaped noses ...

I wasn't aware that the nose section on the Trumpeter D/G kits was wrong/inaccurate?? ...

Any links for a review that points this out - I haven't had the chance to compare the Hasegawa kits with mine yet?

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69