1/32 Hasegawa P-26A Peashooter Part Deux...

Shaka HI

Super build, paint scheme and finish Shaka, she really is one pretty little aeroplane.....a real head-turner! Since you've made such a brilliant job of the Peashooter I'll forgive you for not having entered the Jurassic Plastic GB yet.......but don't dally too long!

Max

Wow. Thanks Gents.

Dana, I'll do a light sanding/polishing and will spray another coat of Future (after sealing the decals with another coat of Future) to smooth out the shine a bit. I know a lot of modelers are not necessarily a fan of Future, but it works for me and produces a gloss as opposed to that shiny look I seem the get with Tamiya's clear. Let dry for about 48 hours before decaling and it gets hard enough for handling as well. Fingerprints wipes off.

I had major issues with Future, but with liberal drops of Flowaid and using my Iwata to mist the initial coat, with following coats applied a little heavier, I have yet to run into the issues I had before -- the runs. :-)

Thank you for watching.

Thanks dutik..I appreciate your comments and I am definitely a fan of your builds!

I added the stencils, most of it was conjecture as the decal instructions were not very precise. I tried looking online for locations, but they're mostly restored AC's. I've also prime the prop (again, I've lost count), but Futured the blades. I'm not sure what I'll try this time....so far, I tried Alclad, Testor's Metallizer, Model Air Silver/Aluminum/Steel, Tamiya's AS12 and Testor's Silver...I might simple go back to Model Air Silver and call it a day!

(I've used GIMP to resize the image -- I seem to get better quality results with it)

0nuStDh.jpg

Edited by Shaka HI

I'm doing a load of laundry and finished up the Prop. I used Model Air Steel..and for the first time laid it down very smoothly with my AB (Thanks for tips Peter).

It looks better than pictured...I find it difficult to photograph silver and I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong. Perhaps it's a bit bright right now...

The decals for the prop is ridiculously large and looks cartoonish -- very disappointed. The Hasegawa decal sheet is actually missing this logo...

d1COH3Z.jpg

Edit: These close ups show all the flaws! I went out shopping and returned with what is my favorite beer right now..Deeelish! Can't get better than this...Will be grilling up some Rib Eye's soon! Boo yah!

9VmDIYj.jpg

Edited by Shaka HI

I sprayed the model with Future to seal the decals then, followed up with a mist of Windex...does it settle/smooth out the Future a bit?  I think it does. Also, creates a depth in the shine that's apparent, but I'm not sure it's some kind of placebo effect.

More detail painting and I attached the cowl to the engine and will need to work the seam a bit.

XJIokN2.jpg