1/32 Hasegawa P-26A Peashooter Part Deux...

Shaka HI

Thanks everyone, I really do appreciate your comments. I "stickered" the upper top. Starfighter Decals perform/respond extremely well with Micro Set/Sol. This is not the most colorful scheme in the decal sheet, but Wow! What an eye-popping scheme!

EaN9Au7.jpg

(Edit: had to sand the cowl and re-clear with my Future mix -- the Tamiya Clear just does not work for me. Also, I pin-washed the recessed  panel lines and it definitely breaks up the bright yellow/blue.)

(Edit 2: Starfighter decals are printed by Cartograph...Love these printers or whatever they're called!)

Edited by Shaka HI

Hi Shaka - that is looking completely AWESOME! :thumbsup:

I'll be thrilled if my effort turns out half as good as what you've done there. What are your thoughts on rigging? I picked up some 0.016" stainless steel wire from an Orthodontics medical supplies outfit - package of 8 14"-long pieces ... should be more than enough.

Cheers!

John

Not sure John. I have EZ line and fishing line, but I'll need something flat but still provide some tension. Also, I'm not sure how I'll implement those braces. The thicker EZ lines are a flattish, but won't look right.

Are you going to grind those wires flat? (Or are they already flat and if they are where did you get them?)

Edited by Shaka HI

Hi Shaka - I know some guys get amazing results with EZ Line and such, but the few times I've had to rig anything I've used wire and been happy with the results. You're right the wire is round, and on the aircraft they are flat so there is a bit of sacrifice there. Making those tiny wires flat would be well beyond my limited skill set. In 1/32 scale, the 0.016" stainless steel measures out to a hair over 1/2" ... I ordered them online from Great Lakes Orthodontics - they have the stainless steel wire in quite a few different sizes, I ordered four different packs for this and future projects and the shipping was more than the cost of the wire. If you have the EZ line in hand - I'd say give it a go and see how it looks. You can always try something else if it doesn't work out.

John. 

Stickered the bottom. I believe the national markings on the wings a bit too inboard....but, onward and forward. These decals perform admirably. I was thinking of masking/painting them as well, but the decals are so awesome, you really have to be inches away from the model to notice anything! And I haven't sealed them yet...

NQHdhY8.jpg