Revell Me 262 B build photos

RBrown

Well, I use to own a 1/18 pre-built of this plane by 21st Century Toys but sold it when I switched to 1/32 kits, so now I can own it again. I am definitely in for one at least if they don't screw it up. Possibly another to recreate the two-seat trainer at Pensacola NAS.

First impression from the photos - Yay, not a rivet monster. The slat job might be nicer than Trumpeter. The back seater's equipment looks better. Can't tell for sure from the snaps, but the Trumpeter Jumos might be prettier, but likely still undersize, and the intake depth may also be short(?) The cockpit sill looks right, the Trumpeter kit kind of faked it, and there isn't the dumb notches for the open canopy option. I'm personally not so keen on all the separate control surfaces, but that is just me. I'd be curious to see if the flaps can be set properly in the down position, as they should travel aft as well as down in the real thing, not simply hinge. Looking forward to this.

Wouldn't be Revell unless it had some engineering insanity..three piece lower wing with a join mid wing?!?!

Seriously?

Hey Revell its 2016 not 1975...looks nice but what is it with Revell trying to make modellers lives difficult.

Looks nice pity there engineers have never built a kit..ever.

Revell, finding new and inventive ways to make the easy difficult..thanks!

Well, personally I will not complain to get the most accurate 262 ever released for the cheapest price... Indeed, assembly may be sporty here and there but call me mad but I don't like Lego kits without any challenge. Usually I buy them, look at the marvellous engineering, put them back in the box and forget them in a closet...!

That's why we called it modelling, building models, i like it in that way. More part's = more fun, and ok, maybe it is not always easy but that's the challenge.

Instead of complaining, we should be happy that Revell give's us a chance to build a new tool Me 26

Greetz

Danny

Edited by DannyVM

I don't think anyone's complaining; we're just a bit puzzled as to the complex wing assembly.

My simple question is: was this wing break-down designed to accommodate correctly sized nacelles and engines (or just a Revellesque design) ?

Tony

I don't think anyone's complaining; we're just a bit puzzled as to the complex wing assembly.

My simple question is: was this wing break-down designed to accommodate correctly sized nacelles and engines (or just a Revellesque design) ?

Tony

We will see that when the kit hit's the shelves, only then we can make a correct judgement.

Greetz

Danny

Already have a Trumpeter single seater in the stash, which will do nicely. However, I had also planned to pick up a B nachtjager, at some point. Starting to look like Revell may be the way to go and the price (at least on this side of the pond) will likely give me all the more reason. I also want to support what Revell is doing, which has been to give continuing support to us LSP'ers. :speak_cool:

John

While the Trumpeter two-seater is nice enough, it is also a fussy build, due the the rivet monster aspect and some lapses in some details. It looks like a lot of those are going to be avoided with the new kit. I'm sure looking forward to it, though will likely Do Things to it, as I already have a fully tricked out 'B-1a/U1 done.

I would like a 1/32 Me-262 so I'll be anxious for someone who has built the Trumpeter version to get their hands on this one and offer some comparative analysis.

One thing I noticed right away in the test shot build up is how the access panel/covers on the Jumos don't really fit.  I hate stuff like that, as there is no reason for those not to fit perfectly.

Yeah it's a test shot and yeah you can glue them down but I would want to have them removable...and I want them to fit when on the engine and not leave those annoying shut lines.  Reminds me of bad F1 car models (Fujimi, etc.) where the engine cover won't go down properly like it does on most of the Tamiya F1 cars!

You're usually forced to either glue the engine cover down and make a curbside build or leave the gap all over and go with the "an 8 year old built this" look.

...One thing I noticed right away in the test shot build up is how the access panel/covers on the Jumos don't really fit.  I hate stuff like that, as there is no reason for those not to fit perfectly...Yeah it's a test shot and yeah you can glue them down but I would want to have them removable...and I want them to fit when on the engine and not leave those annoying shut lines...You're usually forced to either glue the engine cover down and make a curbside build or leave the gap all over and go with the "an 8 year old built this" look.

??????????

It is a test shot where the builder placed the engine covers back over the engine; it is a little premature to state that they don't fit isn't it??

Buy the kit; build it; and, then let us all know how enjoyable it was and how the upper cowlings fit!!

Cheers

Alan

Ps: am looking very much forward to building this kit!