A 1/32 Harrier GR.3 please, am i the only one???

Guest DannyVM

I just looked at the interview of Bob Marston on the Harrier GR.3 on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92NmyhA8DOg&app=desktop

And again, my heart go's beating every time i see a piece of this fabulous jump jet :popcorn:

So to repeat my question, am i the only one around here who want's a Harrier GR.3 in our beloved 1/32 scale?? :hmmm:

Greetz

Danny

Why not both? Those early Harriers look mighty fine.

I guess the Falklands/Malvinas war is ancient history, back there with the Wars of the Roses, or Genghis Khan or somebody dead and old, like Franklin D. Roosevelt... although he was still a "hot topic" when my parents and in-laws would get together back even ten years ago.

For me WWII was ancient history, but Viet Nam was just yesterday. It all depends upon that internal clock.

Tnarg

To go with a nice sea grey Sea King.

Maybe Kinetic might give the AV-8A/GR.1, GR.3 and FRS.1 a bash ? Kinetic are releasing the whole lot in 1/48 on the heels of their Sea Harriers including the T.2/4/8 trainer, and it's a credible leap up to 1/32. I'm curious to see what they do with the 1/32 Kfir and Mirage III/5 as that might set a highly desirable upscaling precedent.

Tony

The other hope is Italeri, as the Italians and Spanish have used Harriers/Matadors and Italeri's 1/32 kitsets seem very much to be following family trees: F-104G/S, F-104C and now TF-104G; Mirage IIIC and now IIIE/R (and maybe a 5 and Kfir, even a IIIB before long); and F-35A with its inevitable B and C cousins should you fancy one.

Harrier fits naturally into the size/multiple derivatives groove Italeri are in, though I'm hoping Kinetic will fill the void - its 1/48 Harriers are quite delightful and really merit upscaling. Like Danny, I don't really fancy an Airfix 1/24 kit, unless it was new tool like the 1940s Hawkers.

Tony