Ta-183 Huckebein, L.E.M

Troy Molitor

Kev, you're such Gent and a great moderator. Once this sweet little Hunkebine is completed. I'll have a PCM Fiat G.55 and Revell He162 A-2 to contribute to the work in progress. The inner LSP'er in me is ready to contribute. Long overdue.

I can transfer a B777 to an airline anywhere around our lovely planet but I couldn't figure out how to load a darn digital picture. Thanks again for the help and support. Greatly appreciated mate.

Regards,

Troy

image_zpshxiqxjob.jpeg

Some painting going on here. A couple hours of free time to dive into some airbrushing.

I applied A creamy color of RLM 76 (sometimes referred to as RLM 84). I also rushed to apply and Some RLM 82 and 83 in all the excitement. Maybe too soon. I'll need to do some major clean up. Hmmmm.

I need to clean up a lot of mottling, so don't look too closely! The JG-26 bands will need a light sanding.

On the topic of wings. I plan to apply some RLM 77 (primer) and keep the flight controls a solid color and hope to do a solid RLM 75 leading edge and some minimal camoflage with the primer exposed. The wings aren't attached yet. I have two pins going through the fuselage into the wings.

It been a lot of fun so far. The missles have a lot of color variation and I'm just starting on them now. Some great references on line. I hope to add a few more picture to my tread tonight before heading off to work tomorrow.

Cheers.

Troy

Hi Troy,

Damn nice work mate!! I always liked this bird - wonder what it would have been like to fly!!??

...check out the radio controlled model aircraft versions...(on youtube)   RC FOCKE WULF TA 183 - HUCKBEIN JETCAT P-20 TURBINE AT BARKSTON WARBIRDS - 2014

as you will see , the aircraft  flies  beautifully - which goes against what one of the F/W engineer/designers thought of the aircraft flyability at the end of the war . (he had reservations)

Phil

Edited by Piprm

Wow, it's taking shape greatly and so fast ! I'm very impressed you of what you did in only 4 days !

The kit looks very good. LEM seems to have made a lot of progress since the first releases.

...check out the radio controlled model aircraft versions...(on youtube)   RC FOCKE WULF TA 183 - HUCKBEIN JETCAT P-20 TURBINE AT BARKSTON WARBIRDS - 2014

as you will see , the aircraft  flies  beautifully - which goes against what one of the F/W engineer/designers thought of the aircraft flyability at the end of the war . (he had reservations)

Phil

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing!!

Any updates Troy?

Cheers

Alan