Curtiss Kittyhawk (P-40E, Hasegawa)

I will always love the classic lines of the P-40E and your model shows that off superbly!

I do, too. "Dimensionally",  it's not any larger than the Spitfire, but it's chunkier compared to the svelte-ness of the Spitfire and that's OK!

Ha ha..I doubt that Max, but thanks anyway. I'm tempted to shoot the Future, but I'll wait another day which means 2-3 days of waiting for the Future to cure before I do anything...notice the discoloration in some photos? I know that will disappear with another coat of Future, but I'd like to avoid that from now on -- it's a bit disconcerting.

NWpEHUz.jpg

Thanks Kev.

AB'd some distilled water added some salt, got some yellow and blue to lighten the base color and lightly sprayed to hopefully get some of that splotchy look on the upper surfaces of the Olive Drab...it should tone down after another shot of Future and a wash. I hope I didn't end up ruining it. I need to weather the decals a little more. Maybe the oil dot filtering will get me the look I'm looking for.

VaHan6W.jpg

Thanks guys...I shot a light coat of Future last night (which made the salt weathering just barely visible) and decided to try the oil dot filtering with whites/grays/greens/yellow, using a stripling action with a nice soft brush on the upper left wing only. I like the effect, but the photo may show it to be a bit harsher than it really is. I think subsequent clears will even things out a bit. But that bleached/splotchy look is what I'm trying to simulate and I'm not sure if I'm on the right track at the moment, but we'll see....(Nope..followed up with a little more blending than what' shown...it's way too harsh.)

WkE1pt2.jpg

Edited by Shaka HI