AVIA S-199 scratched and AML S-199 conversion set

Guest Martinnfb

Thanks for stopping by Harvey. It does annoyed me a little. Once I finish this, I will go back to "my" conversion and hopefully there will be somebody to cast it for me. However,

I have to explain what happened to the flow-through radiator housing. Last night I realized that I glued it under the angle, so I had to snap it off. Then I noticed that the shape of the intake hole is slightly different , it has an angle in it. So I went like, **** that, it's gonna be CS machine with coffin style canopy and Werner Wings decals. :)

Edited by Martinnfb

A question for LW guys, what is under the belly  ETC 500? Thanks.

Yes, thats an ETC. There a series of photos from that IF-01. Here one more:

http://www.me109.info/display.php?a=e&l=en&fid=5318

Btw, very nice model! And I like your S-199 photos! What is your source of them?

I have never notice that the S-199 got camera windows in the fuselage?! Was there a special Recce version, or got all S-199 this windows?

Well, very cool! A good thing you found out before it was finished!

Thanks Anthony, yeah it was such a fluke. I was colouring the well known picture above, just to try it and as I break it into a piles of pixels I noticed that small anomaly. Now I owe the bragging rights LOL :)

Looks Good Martin Keep it up!

Paul 

Thanks Paul.

Yes, thats an ETC. There a series of photos from that IF-01. Here one more:

http://www.me109.info/display.php?a=e&l=en&fid=5318

Btw, very nice model! And I like your S-199 photos! What is your source of them?

I have never notice that the S-199 got camera windows in the fuselage?! Was there a special Recce version, or got all S-199 this windows?

Thanks Falcon, and welcome to the forum. I have the pictures from IF-01 photoshoot, thanks anyway. The source is internet and lots of know how from my fiends in Czech and Slovak Republic.

I believe this particular plane was based  and used by School and as an educational  demonstrator was equipped with all kinds of "German" rustsatze . I was able to find pictures of 3  S-199 with this modification so far.

More pics.

4SmvdVx.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

In terms of the rack, I should have asked what type of ETC 500 is this.

See for your self ladies :)

mezek_chrbat_001_20131130_010128360.jpg

It is the same rack as the rack used on the Bf 109 G-6. It features the chutes for the spent ammunition for the MG 131. But what I find much more interesting are the wing weapons and the bulges. 

Radu