AVIA S-199 scratched and AML S-199 conversion set

Guest Martinnfb

Thank You Bro!

I just may have found my plane. Avia in Germany after deflection to Munich .

Postwar-00001-CS-199.gif

EDIT :

The picture was taken 24.5.1948 .  # S-199.54 KS-10, Piloted by  FrantiÅ¡ek Novák as his first solo flight of this type. I really would like to know how he's doing now. Kudos to Frantisek. 

Edited by Martinnfb

A few minutes after I put my baby girl to bed and the intake impeller is on , together with baseplate and reshaped nose.There is still ton of work left, related to detail cleaning and fine scribing.

Cheers

M.

wmplbP4.jpg

walk-avie-43.JPG

Edited by Martinnfb

The one other interesting projects.(проекты один интереÑнее другого)

Edited by XOPCT

You can totally paint this, freehand!

First, though, you have to head down to the crossroads on a moonless night...

Darren

:rofl:  :rofl: .....Harv

There's just something cool about the 199. So ungainly, but a real winner that made such a huge difference in the shaping of the world.  I bet the designers never foresaw that happening.

It is probably my favorite development of the classic 109, although I also really like the early B-C-D versions as well.

Gorgeous work, Martin.

Thank You Ernie, it does look like a racer, especially with the bubble canopy.

I especially love the irony of how this plane gained it's fame. Designed by the Nazis, and turned into a tool of salvation for the Jewish state. God does indeed have a sense of humor.

Yeah I am thinking about it every-time. Everything is always different than it appears to be.

You can totally paint this, freehand!

First, though, you have to head down to the crossroads on a moonless night...

Darren

Trespassing at night

177. Every one who, without lawful excuse, the proof of which lies on him, loiters or prowls at night on the property of another person near a dwelling-house situated on that property is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

R.S., c. C-34, s. 173.

:rofl:  :rofl: .....Harv

Of course I don't get it, so I didn't see the movie or read the book or simply didn't get bitten by sexy vampire, whatever' :)

So very true. Got some chills thinking about it though.

No blues either. :)

OK Gyus,  I wasn't happy with bulges extension, especially because of the irregular shape  that I created. Then I had an idea to utilize knitting needles.  So I went to Michaels for unearthly 15 dollars I picked up set of 5 mm needles.

dFlLiCJ.jpg

I made sure that the tips are equally shaped and they are the correct in diameter and that was when the fun began :)

away with the old ones

5YkgkGYg.jpg

then some wood chopping

sNCzucf.jpg

and the rest was just a question of a simple assembly. I used wire to fill the gap, that will be sanded and riveted creating a look of a plate covering the seam line.

EnBrDSQ.jpgNaturally there is more to desire, whole bunch of touch ups and reshaping. However , now I have a solid semicircular shape to begin with.

Thank everybody for stopping by.

Good night

Martin

avia-cs-199--letiste-poprad.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

Smart problem-solving, Martin.  Note asymmetry between part top and bottom outline.  Top has more curve.  Bottom is more flat.  Post #47.  Other side as well.  Post #32.

Sincerely,

Mark

Hi Gang, 

so after my return from the crossroads I received a parcel from Sweden!

o10BENw.jpg

Our very own Hardcore sent  me a set of Sky decal and dropped in a set of big bulges as well. Thank You so much buddy !

Mark, thank you for the note about the cowling, the first picture is shoving First series plane, so there is a slight difference in cowling, that was actually evolving with every consequent batch. 

Last night I had to  reshape the bulges and didi some sanding and scribing, not much  to show.  Perhaps after tonight's crossroad thingie :)

Ernie, ......stop it! :), our currency is not worth much, but we have very nice pictures on it and lots of colours too. So there ! :)

Pics>

ggdHWWr.jpg

xeVYkSE.jpg