AVIA S-199 scratched and AML S-199 conversion set

Guest Martinnfb

Completely horrible build so far. However, if you grease my palm with resin copies of your work, I'll gladly change that to a very favorable comment instead. :frantic: :whistle:

Seriously though, looks incredible! I love the S-199. And I love to torment my Jewish friends that the IAF flew '109s. Not strictly the case of course, but when I explain the particulars, they're impressed. Does anyone remember the book Grey Eagles from the 80s? It involved a disgruntled German veteran who collected surviving 109 airframes for his pursuit of revenge. The author included the Avia blown canopy that the aforementioned German pilot included in his rebuilds. I'll have to find a copy again. It was a good read.

Anyway, continued success with your work! Very impressive.

HI Misos,

Cobra has been sitting on the back burner for a while now, but have no fear it will raise one day....welll one day :)

Completely horrible build so far. However, if you grease my palm with resin copies of your work, I'll gladly change that to a very favorable comment instead. :frantic: :whistle:

Seriously though, looks incredible! I love the S-199. And I love to torment my Jewish friends that the IAF flew '109s. Not strictly the case of course, but when I explain the particulars, they're impressed. Does anyone remember the book Grey Eagles from the 80s? It involved a disgruntled German veteran who collected surviving 109 airframes for his pursuit of revenge. The author included the Avia blown canopy that the aforementioned German pilot included in his rebuilds. I'll have to find a copy again. It was a good read.

Anyway, continued success with your work! Very impressive.

Naah, don't change anything. Thank You .

As soon as I find a good soul willing to cast for me a few copies I will turn this thing into and early oil cooler housing version.

Great work so far. I've been hunting for a conversion, your work is very involved though.  Now the only thing to do is turn it into a two-seater Czech version

Matt  :frantic:

Hello Matt, thanks for stopping by, If I know how to vacuform I would do that, however as of now I can only make a master form for the canopy, the rest should be no brainer :)

A little progress report:

have done some minor work on the gun ports, the openings from G6 had a wrong shape, too sharp and edgy . I was trying to recreate the rounded pressed metal look as you can see on the picture below, with a vital help of resin putty, which was way to brittle for this kind of job and  cracked, so I opted for metal wire rings, created simply by wrapping the led wire around a drill bit and CA glue.

The picture shows an early stage of basic shaping, naturally there is much more filling to come.

Thanks for stopping by everyone

M.

g04TZbM.jpgs_199_19_20130918_083301100.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

once again,

there is one little thingie to ask.

Avia's engineers dialled up a few degrees to the right at the rudder, naturally in attempt to offset the inertia forces of the massive propeller.

Can anybody help with a factory diagram of decent photograph of this area ?

Well take it as a rhetorical question :)

walk-avie-32.JPG

Coming along really nice buddy. I tell you what this aircraft type will be my first 109 version that I will build...just so I can slap that big O Star of David on it's side ;) I wonder if this served along side the P-51 in the Israeli AF? If it did...hmm, that would be an interested dio/display. :)

Very good work Martin ! When AM conversions are not even necessary, nothing can stop you. :)

once again,

there is one little thingie to ask.

Avia's engineers dialled up a few degrees to the right at the rudder, naturally in attempt to offset the inertia forces of the massive propeller.

Can anybody help with a factory diagram of decent photograph of this area ?

Well take it as a rhetorical question :)

walk-avie-32.JPG

I'm not sure, but i think the Bf109 rudder already has the slight offset to the right, isn't it? At least many models have this feature, from various manufacturers, so i dont think it's a moulding issue.

I hope it's not too late, but here are a few pictures i took at the Praha Kbely museum in 2013 (i have them in a better resolution if you need) :

DSC_0845_zpsc21f0310.jpg

DSC_0852_zpsf1968fad.jpg

DSC_0855_zps7927a2d8.jpg

DSC_0856_zpsd32db2c1.jpg

DSC_0854_zps03d520fa.jpg

DSC_0853_zpsdaf3be38.jpg

DSC_0849_zps4bacb939.jpg

Edited by Zero77