De Havilland Mosquito B Mk IV (FPU) - Finished...

kkarlsen

Great photo's

I wonder whether it might be red as an option?....Although looking at it now against the roundel it appears lighter?  Maybe grey? Dont know.

I know 487 had a lot of red sqn codes as they did white (strangely enough). Dont you just love the research side of modelling!

Cheers

Anthony

Great photo's

I wonder whether it might be red as an option?....Although looking at it now against the roundel it appears lighter?  Maybe grey? Dont know.

I know 487 had a lot of red sqn codes as they did white (strangely enough). Dont you just love the research side of modelling!

Cheers

Anthony

This is an another illustration of 'her' 'sister' - DZ383, they flew together on operations. Here the letter '?' is shown as sky of 540th Squadron RAF.

7698-040116170703.jpeg

Allthough the D-day markings are wrong, maybe the lettering is right?

Edited by kkarlsen

Update on the Mosquito build:

Assembly of all the major parts are done.

Everything is now primed and the aluminum parts got some Alclad Duraluminium. After that I have done some preshading...

7698-030717141527-11267972.jpeg

7698-030717141526-112661002.jpeg

Ready to start painting...

Edited by kkarlsen

Update on the paintwork

Camouflage applied, RAF ocean grey/RAF dark green/RAF Medium Sea Grey.

Sanded back after drying to get some texture to the surfaces. It's really looking quite messy...  :unsure:

Now I will attempt to bring it all together with different shades darker/lighter versions of the camouflage colors.

Hopefully this will give me the result I'm looking for, a wellused worn final apperance?

7698-030717191104-11356191.jpeg

7698-030717191104-11357535.jpeg

Edited by kkarlsen

Guest Peterpools

Kent

Geez ... looking simply awesome. And the speed at which you create you magic is unreal. It took me 6 months to reach the point your already at.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Kent

Geez ... looking simply awesome. And the speed at which you create you magic is unreal. It took me 6 months to reach the point your already at.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thank you much! 

Well I just want to finally get somewhere with this one, before continuing on with other projects. (Started this one a year ago)

Regards: Kent

7698-030717191105-11359211.jpeg

Forgot this one...

Edited by kkarlsen