De Havilland Mosquito B Mk IV (FPU) - Finished...

kkarlsen

Absolutely beautiful on so many levels!! Truly a masterpiece in upgrade and conversion! Oh and the finish is spot on!

Wish it was mine

Bravo!! Very nice work indeed. I like all the engine work and also adding the electric cart to the Mosquito gives it a nice look. Can I ask where you got the cart from?

Thanks for sharing

Brad

Thank you for the comparison of the canopies, Kent. I confess I had only a cursory glance at mine, but it is significant, more than I thought so.

As for the final result, one word: beautful !

Hubert

Love your work, Kent!

Kev

Thank you Gentlemen!

I have been working on the different parts for the diorama...

I'm going to use the RAF trolley from Iconicair and as some of you may have noticed, the scratch build Bedford MWD...

7698-030717190809-113301951.jpeg

7698-030717190809-11331815.jpeg

It's almost done, just some minor details missing...

The last couple of days, I have been working on the figures for the diorama...

7698-030717191105-113581769.jpeg

An RAAF officer/cameraman (MB), the two RAF pilot figures (HK), three pilots and a dog (MB) and some RAF ground crew figures, pieced together from the spares box, clothing them with leather jerkins a'la RAF...

Edited by kkarlsen

Guest Peterpools

Kent

Yikes ... just fantastic. beautiful work on The Bedford MWD and the figures -- they simply look tremendous. How did you paint them? Oils or acrylics?

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thank's Gent's! I'm trying to push this build over the finishing line and right now I'm working on finishing the diorama base. To make things even more complicated, it's going to be a winter diorama with lots of snow! I'm struggling a bit, as this is my first time doing anything with snow. But I'm getting there and will hopefully be able to post some photos, soon...

7698-030717191234.jpeg

Early stages of the base. Ordinary polystyrene is used as a base for the snow. Paving is done with foamboard Sheets, cut into rectangles and coated with a coarse all purpose filler to give it a rough surface to emulate concrete. Painted with acrylics and given a dark wash...

Edited by kkarlsen

The snow is coming along nicely. As I didn't have any experience doing snow for a diorama, I have been 'trawling' the internet trying to find a solution that would not ruin me, because it is a rather large area I'm working with.

Long story short, I ended up using 'microballoons' pulverized glass, mixed with water, matte medium and white glue. You get a easy flowing 'paste' that is applied to the surface.

I have tried to take some close up shots of the result, its not easy to see the effect in the photos, but I think the result is quite convincing...

7698-030717141828-112822460.jpeg

If you look closely, I have added a little sparkle to the snow surface...

7698-030717141740-112811598.jpeg

Surface...

7698-030717141740-11279160.jpeg

Footprints...

7698-030717141740-112802368.jpeg

Tracks...

Edited by kkarlsen