1/32 Revell P-38 Lightning

ChrisS

Harv,

Thanks for the offer, at this point in the build the booms and wings have been assembled, thinking through a boom replacement at this point it seems like an order of magnitude greater than the reshape of the resin chin pieces.

Again, thanks much for the offer, it's greatly appreciated.

Yes this is the Gray Matter boxing so I'm assuming you re-engineered it for the trumpy kit. And you're correct about my tolerance, this is in no way stopping me, merely a small speed bump my friend!

Given what we're looking at here, how would you suggest I proceed?

1) Shorten and reshape the resin piece

2) Pull and re-fashion the boom side walls to accept the resin piece as it is

I'm rolling both around in my head at this point. The trouble with #1 is getting the blend and reduction in shape correct and breathing in all that resin dust (yes I'll wear a mask), and the trouble with #2 is that the boom reduction will be a lot more dramatic and harder to resolve near the trailing edge of the wing

More scotch!

My conversion is using the older set for the Revell kit. I needed to do more of 1) and shape the kit and the resin after glue to match up. The miss match was not as dramatic. I recommend modification of the resin. Wear a mask and sand with water to trap the dust.

My 0.20 Euro.

Rick

(in best Bob Marley style...) "Don't Worry...'bout a ting...cause...every-littl-ting's gonna be alriiight..."

Got the port nacelle reshaped and mounted. There's still some filling and blending to do, but the heavy lifting is done on the port side. Will do the Starboard nacelle this afternoon and post a pic of them both on. Thanks for the support and advice, it is much appreciated!

Business end

IMG_5319.JPG

Spinner cap and gear bay dry-fit here

IMG_5320.JPG