F-86D Sabre Dog

Nic C.D.

I'd like to show you my first attempt of building a kit with a metal finish: Kitty Hawk's F-86D Sabre Dog. Decals are from Zotz Decals, the pilot is from PJ Production.

Foto-3X7QIAIG-D.jpg

I picked "Big Viv" because I built a similar 1/72 Airfix kit when I was a kid. The tiger mouth was painted (because I messed up the decal) and on the droptank, Viv' herself poses for the camera.

Foto-ZPLCEMZO-D.jpg

The pilot figure is from the Belgian company PJ Production. I had to modify the pilot just a little (he was a bit too wide for the seat) but turned out okay in the end.  

Foto-ZIKYARXL-D.jpg

This is the first time I did a metal finish, and I still have a lot to learn, but I'm happy with this first attempt. I got the opportunity to build the kit for TMN and here's a link to the construction:

Part 1 with review and construction: http://www.themodellingnews.com/2015/09/building-geiger-tiger-triple-review.html  

Part 2 with painting & finishing: http://www.themodellingnews.com/2015/09/building-geiger-tiger-ptii-kitty-hawks.html

I hope you like how she turned out!

Nic

hi

first attempt ???? well what will be your other attempts once you will be trained !!!!??? very nice build , nice NMF ,I like the way you treated the anti glare panel , I like the pretty girl too , a nice fifty's "atmosphere"

Alain    

Edited by alain11

Nic, you said:

This is the first time I did a metal finish, and I still have a lot to learn, but I'm happy with this first attempt.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You did a Fantastic job!! :clap2: 

You have every right to be happy with your first attempt! Wow!!

Teresa  :D 

Hey everyone! Really: thanks for your reactions. Here are a couple more photos for you. Now, the image bank upload thing I use has changed, so things might look a bit strange. I've had a lot of trouble uploading the photos, I hope they look okay...

Here a close-up of the Tiger's growl:

1k0.jpg

And a close-up of Viv':

1k0.jpg

I wanted to post more photos, but I gave up after half an hour. Don't know why it is necessary to change something that works perfectly for something that is much more complicated and has obviously some issues!

About the paint: I used old Testors paint. Works pretty good!

I'll build some more metal planes for sure! I've got an F-86, a P-51, P-47 and a P-38 in the stock!

Nic

Edited by Nic C.D.