TAMIYA 1/32 F4U-1A WIP FINALLY DONE

oppenheimer

That is stunning, Jorge! Beautifully subtle paint work and weathering. Tell me, how did you join the painted wing and fuselage assemblies with glue ruining any of your marvellous paint job?

Kev

thanks guys, Kev i just used Tamiya extra thin glue, and as i told, the fitting is so nice that goes together by itself, just in the botton of the fuselage i used just a little putty to cover the joint of both parts, and just taped the panel where the line was and then repainted that panel only

I must say, i like one detail in yoyre weathering..it i subtle, different washes on the dark bly upper colors, grey/White and dark/blackish, on strategic spots....yes it ads a dimension to it all, i like that effect ALOT, since it gives a "alive" feel to it all.

/Mal

Wow if someday i make a model this perfect im going to brag about it forever!!!

Just one thing im curious about is why did you paint wing and fuse seperated? Weren't you afraid of the seams?

Mal, thanks for your words on my corsair, it mean lot to me coming from a modeller that builds great models as you do, i dont like to use oil washes on the paint, all the diferents colors on the blue comes out directly from the airbrush, on the paneling i did some rivets on white to depict rivets head with chipped paint, as in real airplanes the chipping starts on the rivets then keep growing in size.

Neo, lots of people ask me the same question, and i do this only on tamiyas models, cause the fitting is so perfect

Sluggo, thanks and yes they were a pain in the arss to have a nice insignias and numbers done, many touch ups till i got this final result

Edited by oppenheimer