TAMIYA 1/32 F4U-1A WIP FINALLY DONE

oppenheimer

as i stated earlier in this post, i started the paint job on the fuselage, so far only airbrush work on the dark blue, no clear coat yet, neither paneling or weathering at all, when this step are done the fuselage will darken the tone of the blue, need opinions, should i leave it like this?

_MG_6987_zpse5a7rkmr.jpg

_MG_6992_zpshmsu4xfe.jpg

_MG_6993_zpsyzlbmhw7.jpg

I would fade the top of the fuselage a little more. Think of the twelve o,clock position of the fuselage if looking at the plane head on. That part of the fuselage will get the most sunlight and fade more. As you go down the sides one and eleven o'clock positions should be faded less and less. The twelve o'clock position should match the fading on the wings.

James B

Looks great so far!  Just a quick note on the prop - any chipping would be heaviest on the rear of the blades, as that is the part contacting the air (and whatever other debris is there) as it turns, not the forward face.

Doug

Hello everyone, finally the wing are glued together, and also the little details are on, just still have to add the stall retardant on the leading edge of the wing, the rest of the lenses for the lights are on, here is a general look from the top and bottom of the wings, sorry for the reflection of the lights on the wing to fuselage section on the top picture

_MG_6996_zpsogvpbwp5.jpg

_MG_6998_zpsziuufqfk.jpg

and here are some closeup details of the upper and lower wings

general look of the right wing with the fuel filler cap

_MG_6999_zps3mdycvjz.jpg

gunports as they are taped before takeoff, i kind of like it, comments are welcome

_MG_7011_zpsucmou5gr.jpg

closeup of the left hand side wing

_MG_7009_zpsis7ytaqm.jpg

the underside of the wing with the landing light

_MG_7014_zpsuxczpmw2.jpg

_MG_7018_zpsfquhnhxt.jpg

CHAPTER 2

The fuselage paint is ready, at least the heavy part, no paneling or weathering yet, just airbrush work so far, rudder just placed in position for picture purpose only

_MG_7019_zpsuhxuu35s.jpg

_MG_7020_zpsjfgmzf8h.jpg

i'm back again, just a little progress, the fuselage is paneled and slightly weathered and the wings as well as the elevators and rudder in place, starting to look like a corsair, the insignias and the BuN are painted, didn't like the decals, to thick and won't let the rivet under them to be seen, so i painted them

_MG_9901_zpsgpiqg4sv.jpg

_MG_9902_zpschdmbhuh.jpg

_MG_9907_zps0pvf8hbg.jpg

_MG_9904_zps8sus6ww2.jpg

_MG_9910_zpsjzr8wzpx.jpg

_MG_9911_zpsqqnnegxe.jpg

_MG_9915_zpsbcdqcakh.jpg