Air War Over Korea Group Build Discussion.

LSP_Kevin

I just spent 7 hour over my Mig-15, cleaning all the flash from the molds. And who's fault is that? :)

M.

.....that doesn't mean I'm gonna build it :innocent:

ME,ME, ME !!! Wanna bet ?................Harv

Harold is on the way to recast Mig-15 cockpit sets. That might help to push more Migs to come to the GB :hi:

Me? Just waiting for restock at Spruebrothers...

Guys, has anybody have a photograph of Ki-43 Hayabushka that was used by Korea as a fake targets during the conflict. Many thanks.

M.

....the caption said something like, "according to the memories of soviet maintenance crew, this is the way how North Korean Busa at the Pyongyang airport looked like"

for me this has a same value like the "red" Ta-152H, nada

82_1.jpg

Kecay books ("Japanese Planes in foreign service") states that the Oscar was listet in NK Air Force inventory, but the plane itself was in static condition only (and repaired with parts from other airplanes).

- dutik

I am thinking a Fisher Panther for me.

Eric

Hey Eric, IF you're not dead set on a particular bird, My Ted Williams plane could use a John Glen Plane for company =-)  You I and Ernie would all be a doing a giant buddy build of sorts =-)

Paul

Harold is on the way to recast Mig-15 cockpit sets. That might help to push more Migs to come to the GB :hi:

Me? Just waiting for restock at Spruebrothers...

- dutik

As far as I know, there were at least three sets; Cutting Edge, Black Box, and AMS. I've never owned the AMS set, but from what I've seen on the web, it looks excellent. Even though the Trumpeter kit gets a bad rap, it can still be turned into a great looking model, and I wouldn't mind at all taking on another one. The Cutting Edge splitter plate/front wheel well, is a real nice addition too, if you can find one.

Howdy folks,

I've been so busy lately that I completely forgot to announce this one! Our next Group Build, following on from the Vietnam one, will be a similarly-themed GB entitled The Air War Over Korea. And it kicks off tomorrow. Again, apologies for the late notice!

Kev

OK All: I am in with a shiny Sabre Jet. Yup I will build the classic 12 dollar Hasegawa kit (with potential) I found at the IPMS Butch O'Hare show: parts mostly off the trees, raised panel lines, dash 40 (wings tips need a trim), hard and brittle plastic, two sets of clear parts and resin cockpit replaces missing plastic. Did I mention water damaged MiniCraft box? I have some PE to pick and choose from and OOP decals. Just ordered resin wheel wells. Millions of WWW electrons can be harnessed for photos and diagrams. Has the starting pistol gone off yet?

Rick

It sure would be neat if somebody did one of these in 1/32

Fairey_Firefly_ExCC.jpg

Well, I considered one and even purchased the Mk1 vacuform kit. Indeed, besides what you have to scratchbuild with any vac, you just have to change the full nose, the fin and add the wing radiators...! Well, this is easier than a full scratch! I may be optimistic sometimes...