Air War Over Korea Group Build Discussion.

LSP_Kevin

I imagine you're already aware, but Ginter and Squadron/Signal also have books on the Skyknight.

I wasn't Kevin, but I will add them to my wants list :speak_cool:

Thanks

Derek

I've one question: as far ar no major part of a kit has been assembled, is it possible to put such a kit in the group build?I've a Seafire for which many parts have been cleaned, converted, re-scribed but all major elements are still separate. I know that generally the rule of the 10% of assembly is the threshold but as in this case only a handful of kit parts are going to be used, this does not really apply here. Let me know!

Thierry,

The Threshold is 25% and you're welcome to join us as long as no major work other then cleaning  or primer has been done , please do come join in , we'd love to have you.

Paul 

I know Harvey, it is a beauty, but it is the most expensive and valuable kit I have. I am afraid to start , missed the deadline and than dump it on the shelf of doom. Plus i don't know where to get the proper Korean national insignia , without the white background. I mean it is a dead on Mig in terms of shape and dimensions, I just don't have the MOJO to build it :)

Guest Clunkmeister

This is a worthy successor to the Vietnam build, so come on folks and jump on in. I was washing, scraping, fitting, and priming parts already today, as well as attempting to take better pics of my raider I finished for the Vietnam build.

There are all kinds of subjects. Fisher, Trump, Tamiya, Hasegawa, RoG, HpH, everyone has a kit or kits out there you can use. And if you Go Navy, GSB is a great color. Not much to it. Air Farce, do a NMF...

I have an F-84 just about done. Grab that kit. Zotz has decals, Aries has a cockpit, Eduard has the PE, and you've got a unique bird....

Come on in! Paul's moderating this one. We need more so we can keep HIM in line.......

Guys, has anybody have a photograph of Ki-43 Hayabushka that was used by Korea as a fake targets during the conflict. Many thanks.

M.

....the caption said something like, "according to the memories of soviet maintenance crew, this is the way how North Korean Busa at the Pyongyang airport looked like"

for me this has a same value like the "red" Ta-152H, nada

82_1.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

Guys, has anybody have a photograph of Ki-43 Hayabushka that was used by Korea as a fake targets during the conflict. Many thanks.

M.

....the caption said something like, "according to the memories of soviet maintenance crew, this is the way how North Korean Busa at the Pyongyang airport looked like"

for me this has a same value like the "red" Ta-152H, nada

I've been looking for years, but I've not turned up any further information beyond what's mentioned. However, considering there is photographic evidence of the North Korean Ki-54 and Ki 55 along with the South's use of the Ki-9, I'm inclined to believe it did exist as there were Ki-43's in Korea at wars end.

Yo, Ernie! 209 is, I think, the second (and perhaps more common) F9F markings generally chosen as representative of the movie Panther. I see that's what you've chosen, and I'm really looking forward to a few Panthers. What a great looking aircraft.