Air War Over Korea Group Build Discussion.

LSP_Kevin

Hey guys , I was just fooling around and come up with few examples how to spread the message about this GB, I also wanted to suck up to our " Panther Boys" :)

Let me know if you want some more.

Hugs and Sissies

Martin

http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz288/martinnfb/Bridges_1_zpsqjxz5xus.jpg

Bridges_1_zpsqjxz5xus.jpg

http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz288/martinnfb/muffin2_zpswpbnalzu.jpg

muffin2_zpswpbnalzu.jpg

http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz288/martinnfb/muffin_zpscl2toglp.png

muffin_zpscl2toglp.png

Edited by Martinnfb

Hey guys , I was just fooling around and come up with few examples how to spread the message about this GB, I also wanted to suck up to our " Panther Boys" :)

Let me know if you want some more.

Hugs and Sissies

Martin

muffin_zpscl2toglp.png

Nice ones Martin,

So who is going for the Banshee ?

Hubert

Edited by MostlyRacers

Guest Clunkmeister

The Panther should be a 6-8 week build at best, assuming no operator induced errors, so I'm beating around for a possible second build.

LSP_Paul mentioned Lt. Glover as a possibility, as he was RCAF, flew an early Canadair Sabre for the RCAF maximum allowable 50 missions before rotation back to Germany (USAF pilots flew 100), and in that time, accounted for 3 confirmed MiG kills and two probables.

RCAF pilots were attached to USAF units as all available RCAF squadrons were deployed to Europe and also Home Defence in this pre NORAD era.

All I can find is that he served with the 334th Sqn at Kimpo in 1952-53. Anyone have any info on this guy? His jet might be an interesting build....

image.jpg1_zpsf9sl8qar.jpg

They were flying the  6/3 wing F-86F's at that time just like the Kinetic Kit has. AMS Resin (Harold) to the rescue for the cockpit and tanks. If you want to do the gear bays and speed brake wells,  Aries does them both. The the insignia has been released on at least one Older Microscale sheet but I'm sure somebody we know can help ya out Ern. Major James Jabara, Captain Manuel J. "Pete" Fernandez, Major George A. DavisMedal of Honor recipient and Major Frederick "Boots" Blesse all flew with the squadron, and if you can find a sheet with their markings on it you can make the rest or ask Randy for some help.

If you need more Saber refs let me know, I;ve got a ton.

Paul 

Hey guys, not sure if you guys all know the standard formatting for our group builds, but PLEASE DO NOT POST ANYTHING BUT YOUR BUILDS in the Builds Section. If you have reference material, comments or questions post them here thank you!  It keeps the builds section a lot less cluttered.

LSP_Paul

Take it as a challenge Hubert :), ...

Meteor_A77_731_zpstgkwnvdj.jpg

I have fond memories of laboring over the old 1/48 Hawk kit. I was very proud when I finished it.

But in 1/32, there is only Tigger's vac. Nothing against vac-form kits, but this one is the 'long' version, and I like the -2 better. In short, I have not enough modelling time available to tackle what would end up as a major scratchbuilding project ...

Hubert