Kinetic 1/32 Kfir !!!!!

Zero77

Un Dagger argentin durant le conflit des Malouines?

Yes !

EDIT : Damn, i've just noticed that the dagger was based on the Nesher and not on the Kfir.... Too bad, i'd build a Kfir ! Anyway any member of the Mirage III family is great !

And i'm pretty sure that there would be a box with Mirage 5 parts, or at least a resin conversion.

Edited by Zero77

I read the novel - can't remember its title - back in the mid-1980s. Not sure there was any basis of fact, but the plot was that the Swiss were converting all the paper drawings into microfilm and supposedly incinerating the paper but, bit by bit, one set of the plans was loaded onto cargo trains and smuggled out.

I get very confused about the Israeli iterations and the exports. Which was the J79-powered Mirage (Dagger ?) and who received it.

If any of my impending 1/32 Mirages etc are to get camouflage I'm particularly fond of the South American III/5 schemes. The export Kfir C1 are all shades of mushroom.

Tony

Hi Tony,

except the test beds there was no J-79-powered "Mirage"! All J-79 powered planes were Kfirs. All Mirage (including the Nesher/Dagger) were powered by the French Atar engines.

BTW, a lot of lies were written about the so-called spy operations intended to get the Mirage plans. And the same can be said for the torpedo boats alledgely stolen in the port of Cherbourg.

The French government was in an impossible paradox: they were willing to have a more balanced position between Israel and the arab countries but knew that there was as well a need to back Israel. There were also internal conflicts within the government preventing going on supporting openly Israel. Add to this imbroglio the fact that Marcel Bloch re-named "Dassault" had clearly the will to go on selling weapons to Israel.

So, some "romantic stories" glorifying the Mossad were written. No doubt this is probably one of the very best Intelligence services in the world. However, history is somewhat different. Some elements were finally revealed some years ago. In fact, plans, kit of parts and even the most important factory machines to build the Nesher were secretly delivered to Israel. So, the "reverse engineering" of the Mirage V was not very complicated ;-) The main problem was the Atar 9C engine made by SNECMA which was a public company. This part explains the Swiss episode as it was less easy to export parts or plans to Israel from such a factory.

Hi Tony,

except the test beds there was no J-79-powered "Mirage"! 

There's exactly that-a Mirage 3B converted for a testbed for the canards,J-79 eng. and slats.

Began life as a normal B,# 88,ended named KFIR-TC(Technolog)#988

An old pic,sorry.

image.jpg

After repaint

image.jpg

Isaac

• 3 years later...

I think his money woukd of been FAR better spent on a new tool C-130 family than a C-17.

To ugly, to big and to me just plain boring.

Thats a lot of boring aeroplanes to move to pay off two S-classes before you make a cent...

Good luck to him but even Revell sell few 144th C-17’s they sit on shelves for weeks.

I might have agreed with you until recently, but their new "gold" design/production standard, as evidenced by their new 1/48 M346 trainer on display at Phoenix, changed my mind.  The surface detail and fit are every bit as good as Tamiya.  Raymond is well aware of the criticism of his previous kits, and is making a strong effort to improve. 

Still, noooooooooooooooooo thank's:whistle: 3 kit's in a row, which where very bad, there will be no 4th kit that will get my money. And to say they can be compared with Tamiya, yeah right, why is it, i don't believe that.;);)

Hi!

I prefer and hope Kinetic will do  the Kfir-family in 1/32nd scale, NOT Italeri or Kitty Hawk!

I have the new Kinetic F-18C Legacy Hornet and the Su-33 Sea Flanker (both 1/48), both of these kits are just stunning, in detail and molding, and I dearly hope Kinetic will continue on this path.

I can agree that the older 48th scale Kinetic kits are somewhat "rough", but they are still quite buildable, much, much better then some Kitty Hawk kits I have built.

Just my 2 cents....

Cheers!

Stefan :)

Edited by Phantom2