Tamiya F4U-1A - irate Donald Duck

Urs

There are micoholes on these panel to push thru the tiny switches from the backside of the panels - a true pain.

I hate you, that's superb work. Now when I build my bubble top I'm going to have to do that, too. :frantic:

Awesome looking cockpit.

For whatever reason, i hate cockpits. I feel that doing the cockpit in a Tamiya Corsair is like pulling teeth, but once i get past it, the rest of the build flies by.

Keep on posting the pics, Man. It looks great.

david

Finished the work on the R2800-8W by now. Dark washed with MIG and drybrushed the screws. Found some self adhesive placard for the engine with the P&W logo and engine type plate. The exhausts reveiced a mix of MIG standard rust and Rub'n'Buff.

2015-02-08%2B13.21.45.jpg

2015-02-08%2B13.22.25.jpg

2015-02-08%2B13.23.09.jpg

2015-02-08%2B13.24.23.jpg

2015-02-08%2B13.23.45.jpg

IMHO, the Best R-2800 done by any kit company, in any scale. Realistic, easy to paint, easy to assemble.

Beautifully  done.

-d-

• 2 months later...

Forgot to update my build report here. Up to date the Hog got its first primer coat of a black and white mix from the Tamiya primer rattle cans. Yesterday I made some first steps with the Montex markings. So that point I'll tell later on.

First the pics of the hardware. Eduard tires replacing the kits parts. There's some attention to pay to the front wheel well cover and the tires for a correct gaps of the parts. But the Eduard stuff seems worth money…..

f28t10708p159291n2_mLaIOvXf.jpg

The cowling flaps I used the ones of Vendor and used melted styrene to build the flaps steering cables.

IMG_20150524_7340.jpg

Here also the Eduard 500lbs bomb added with secure wiring made of copper wire.

IMG_20150524_23648.jpg

Before i saw that picture, i did not know that tread pattern was indicative of a Firestone tyre.

FWIW, the gap between the forward landing gear door and the side of the tyre is VERY tight... somewhere between the diameter of a pinkie finger and a No. 2 pencil.

-d-

GREAT work Urs! That is really a wonderful looking pit.

Awesome looking cockpit.

For whatever reason, i hate cockpits. I feel that doing the cockpit in a Tamiya Corsair is like pulling teeth, but once i get past it, the rest of the build flies by.

Keep on posting the pics, Man. It looks great.

david

Im pretty much 180 deg opposite!  I LOVE cockpits and adding all that wonderful detail really makes a build worth while for me.  

Last night I got the 3rd session airbrushing the national isignias on my Kiwi.Cors. Started this time with them on my paintjob instead of applying them at the the end of it. Previsous Projects I applied them after Basic camo so I'll try out now which way is the better. Primer of White and black is Tamiya rattle can, Colors used for the national also the same brand.

IMG_20150619_10758.jpg

IMG_20150619_1143.jpg

IMG_20150619_11297.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

After spending most time of the day at the outdoor pool and temps of 38°C/101°F l found time for airbrushing my Donald Duck. As base l used Tamiya XF-18/XF-2 and highlighted now the canvas covered surfaces of outer wing/inner portion of outer wing flaps and elevator with some more drops of XF-55Tan.

20150705_175044-1.jpg