Vought F4U-1A Corsair

benpada

• 5 months later...

Its been a while but back to work on my corsair. Working on the engine so far I reworked the ignition harness and added spark plugs and ignition wires and oil lines. The wing halves are glued together, I did work the joint to get a good fit. The wing and tail are glued to the fuselage. Here is a few photos thanks for looking.

RSCN04461.jpg

DSCN04831.jpg

DSCN04741.jpg

DSCN04801.jpg

DSCN04841.jpg

• 5 months later...

Its been awhile but I made more progress on my corsair. But first I like to thank craig, dodgem37, Kev, Marmaduke, BiggTim and the seat belts are from a  wine bottle, David Hansen and DannyVM. I used Mr.Color for the paint 365 Gloss Seablue and 366 Intermediate Blue. The decals are EagleCals #20 VF-17 Jolly Rogers F4U-1A Corsairs. Still working on the paint fade and there is more decals to install. Thanks for looking.

DSCN05301.jpgDSCN05311.jpgRSCN05211.jpgRSCN05351.jpg

DSCN05281.jpg

DSCN05291.jpg

Great work, I especially like the bleached paint around the fwd fuel tank. Often you see this represented as an oily black stain, almost like she's running on 2 Stroke. To my eye the paint appears to go lighter and chalkier...

Love what you have done!

Edited by Anthony in NZ

Very impressive progress, Ben. I like how you piced up that these early -1As had wrap around cowling flaps.

Work has picked up on my F4U-2, but a lot of the energy has gone into making the resin conversion parts acceptable. I'm restoring the Dzus fastener detail on the forward fuselage now. Its a bit time consuming. Gonna dunk the clear parts in Future and work on rigging the seat belt harness....

-d-

• 2 months later...

Made more progress on my Corsair, I  replace the num. 34 and LA CITY LIMIT. I said that I used the EagleCals sheet but it was the Eagle Strike sheet that I used. After looking at photos on the aircraft the numbers were the wrong style and LA CITY LIMIT was a bit large. The EagleCals sheet looks more correct and I had one so I replaced it and with that I had to touch up the fuselage. I also painted the wing walk or anti skid on the wing. Still going to weather it more install the gear door and antenna and it should be done. Thanks for looking and like to thank Anthony, alaninaustria, dodgem37, Loic, brahman104 and David for the complements.

DSCN05631.jpg

DSCN05671.jpg

DSCN05691.jpg

DSCN05651.jpg

DSCN05621.jpg