The Huff in 1/32 (F-86F) the dragon is onboard

oppenheimer

ok, top of the wings are done, the center section is painted with semi matte aluminum, as the real one is not bright on the center section of the wing, it looks good but plain to me, after paneling ad weathering will come to life, sorry for the crappy pictures, but the more silver the more difficult to photograph, minor glitches on the alclad over the wings but with the weathering and paneling will go away

_MG_6665_zpsjtgooglb.jpg

_MG_6676_zpsxrftqxio.jpg

_MG_6668_zps7xr7qkmy.jpg

PS:  dont know if it is the forum itself but as i upload the pictures they loose sharpness the ones on facebook look real sharp

Guest Peterpools

Jorge

Just a knockout and a fantastic Alclad NMF on the Huff. Your Alclad finishing abilities, always both amaze and encourage me to keep pushing and keep working at improving.

I've noticed the same as to both sharpness and color when uploading images. Photography is a newly awakened passion and I do spend a lot of time in post production processing on all my images. There are image software programs which will help resolve this problem, such as NIK Sharpener Pro, which I'm just starting to learn to use.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

'Is this a bad time to break in and announce that the real Korea-era 'Huff' had a black cockpit;'

Yes it is, and you know it.  Please next time send this type of information in a PM to the author.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Tony, thanks for the tip on the color of the cockpit, well it looks like mine will be a warbird then, it is late to change the color, the frame of the canopy and the windscreen are black inside, the rest is will remain as you saw on the early picture.

Peter, i take my pictures in RAW format so i can post process better than in JPEG format, my pictures are crisp in focus, but i think the forum degrades the picture for space and that is why they look like that, i uploaded the picture in 2600 pixels size and the forum lowered to around 900 pixels, when you click on the picture it will open a pop up window of it, and if you click on the save button it will take you to my photobucket page and there you will see it with good focus

Jorge

Edited by oppenheimer

The issue with the photos is that if the source image is deemed too large for effective display in the current browser window, the forum software will ask the browser to display it at a smaller size. Browsers are not especially good at this, which often results in a lower-quality image that no software will fix, as it's being done on-the-fly.

FWIW Jorge, I only see your photos at 1024px wide, whether I view them here or on Photobucket.

Kev

What a great NMF finish. Get's you thinking if foiling is really a better option than Alclad. Since I have no experience with either I can only say that I really envy your painting skills. Just awesome!

Cheers

Rainer

Edit: The pics look very good to me! If they were even sharper I'd say they look unrealistic.

Edited by Rainer Hoffmann

Kev, you are right, even photobucket reduces the size and the combination of both gives you this picture quality,

Rainer, thanks, i really preffer paint over foil, the foil look good, but you have more option with color and weathering over paint than foil, that is why i use alclad, it gives you a real look of metal on the plastic

Guest Peterpools

Jorge

The biggest problem is not how we  photograph images (RAW) and in PP, normally the RAW file is saved as a TIF File and then when uploaded to photobucked it becomes a JPEG file and both sharpnes and resolution are reduced. For my money, your images are wonderfully crisp, clear and sharp.

Peter

Wow, that is truly STUNNING!!!

I really like it. Im kind of the opposite when it comes to paint VS foil to make NMF. I think its all about technique, and personally preference as Im again kind of the opposite about the look of foil VS paint as well. I have found several processes that allow not only paint over foil, but the same and even more weathering techniques over foil including some truly awesome chipping techniques....................its just like anything, it takes practice and experimentation.  :D

Your Saber is turning out lovely!