Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

50358250843_d2d4df74ce_m.jpg

50359114667_39fe02cf90_m.jpg

The quest is finally over!

After a long search I managed to spot and scoop a Fisher's Ford, supposedly one of the few still available in the market.

After a long journey from Japan, it landed safely to her new home in Rome.

For those of you who may be interested, the seller, Keystone Models, has some Fisher Model items still in stock (https://www.keystone-models.com/airtoday-3224.htm).

Pricing is fair (except for whopping custom & handling takes here ...) and customer service is impressive.

My package has been disinfected inside out (complete with a certificate!) before shipping to prevent COVID potential contagion.

Hashifume-san (mail@keystone-models.com), the shop owner, is indeed commendable for his customer care.

If this raised some appetite, you may shop with confidence.

I guess my Ford won't stay long in the shelf!

Happy modelling!

Stefano 

On 8/24/2020 at 4:44 PM, LSP_K2 said:

Given my recently re-discovered passion for the V2, I’ve now gone ahead and added this book about Pennemünde to my pile. After considerable searching (and some good luck), I’ve now been able to find answers to many of the questions I had regarding the actual launch configuration of the rocket, which most models, as it turns out, don’t address; odd since most all of the kits do provide the basic launch platform itself. The book, while not quite what I had hoped, is nonetheless loaded with some excellent photos, many of which I’ve never seen before (or with such clarity), and may answer even more of my questions. I’ll be giving it a thorough look-see tonight.

UJrwzJ.jpg

Is it mostly text/history?

Where you buy from? 

Thanks

2 hours ago, ziggyfoos said:

Is it mostly text/history?

Where you buy from? 

Thanks

It's a mix of both, with an emphasis on the history, development, tactics, etc. I snatched it from Amazon, for what I thought was a decent price (or I wouldn't have bought it). Many of the photos were of no help to my specific questions, but a couple were. As it turns out, a ton of good data is available on V2rocket.com