Revell 1:32 Spitfire IIa with some 'improvements'

Iain

Cheers guys - more this evening.

Mean-time - anyone in the UK with the kit that doesn't want to do the 65 Sqn aircraft and has a spare 'East India Sqn' decal they won't be using - I'd give it a good home - I'll pay postage/swopsies  :)

Iain

Iain

That silver one I mentioned was their interpretation of K5054..:) So, one of the earliest operational Mk 1as I could do is from the batch that went to 19 Sqdn - still nice green/brown over aluminium... (like the Airfix kit)...

Matt

Ah.. hello Nige, so you did come back.. :) Good to see you yesterday (as well as back here).

Don't worry about the paint Iain.. it'll take me a while to get to that stage... then again it may just get an overall finish of Supermarine seaplane grey (that may throw a hand grenade amongst the pigeons..?)... Need to dig out that paragon set....

Had a look at the kit last night and the surface detail isn't as bad as it looks in the super duper close ups we're feasted with these days.... So first impression is good in that it looks generally more restrained than I was expecting.

Matt

PM me your snail mail and I'll get the squadron decals in the post.

Cheers.

Ooh - please! I'll PM you shortly :)

Anything with INDIA is close to MY heart. :wub:

I'm afraid, rightly, or wrongly, I'm a bit of a child of the British Empire - with family involved all over the globe in various ways. I realise it's not fashionable and that there were a lot of negatives to the Empire - but I have an interest in subjects that link the family of nations together - if that makes sense? So I couldn't resist he kit scheme :)

Ditto... Did you get that Texan?

Nah - resisted - and it was snapped up by mid-afternoon - just bought a new IAR-81, some paint and a *stunning* RAF figure from MDC to go with this project. Oh - and a 1:144 Vickers Viscount - best not ask... Quite restrained really!  :)

Need to dig out that paragon set....

You do indeed!  :piliot:

Had a look at the kit last night and the surface detail isn't as bad as it looks in the super duper close ups we're feasted with these days.... So first impression is good in that it looks generally more restrained than I was expecting.

Good point - yes - the riveting looks more prominent in the photos of the kit than they actually are - and those on the wings slightly subtler. Using Tamiya Paint to fill them means that - in relevant places - I can give the surface a quick swipe with a sheet of kitchen roll dipped in IPA to remove a little 'top layer' and make the rivets a little visible. We'll see...

Not had time to do much more last few days - seat is painted and ready for fitment - as are some Eduard seat straps. More mid-week - hopefully!

Iain