Pacific Coast Models 32nd scale- Hawker Tempest Mk.V- 33 Sqn, BAFO,

Big Tony

Tony that looks the dogs danglies! Was the Tamiya silver straight from the can, or did you decant it and use an airbrush? I feel the need to visit my local Antics and pick up a can or two! You should be on commission!

Tim Perry

Thanks again everybody, glad you like it.

Tony that looks the dogs danglies! Was the Tamiya silver straight from the can, or did you decant it and use an airbrush? I feel the need to visit my local Antics and pick up a can or two! You should be on commission!

Tim Perry

Tim- I don`t own an airbrush so the spray was applied straight from the can, however a coat of Humbrol gloss varnish was then brushed on ready for the decals and then Polly Scale matt acrylic varnish was brushed on last of all. I usually use Tamiya Gloss Aluminium spray for RAF High Speed Silver nowadays as it is easier than hand brushing it,....but in this case I used Bare Metal silver spray as my nearest model shop was out of stock of the former.

Cheers

Tony

PS- I find it easier to apply a number of thin coats over a period of time and then check for hairs etc and do any light sanding required before applying the next coat. Keep the can moving or else the paint will build up in one area,..but I`m sure you know that already!

Edited by Big Tony

I usually use Tamiya Gloss Aluminium spray for RAF High Speed Silver nowadays as it is easier than hand brushing it,....but in this case I used Bare Metal silver spray as my nearest model shop was out of stock of the former.

As it happens, The Tamiya Bare Metal Silver is my preferred solution for RAF High Speed Silver!

Kev

• 2 months later...